Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waters or discharge

(17 Posts)
Gabby786 Wed 12-Oct-16 15:13:04

I woke up with a wet patch on my underwear and since then I have been trickling. But could this just be discharge? Or are my waters going?

drinkyourmilk Wed 12-Oct-16 15:16:01

What does it look like/smell like? Have you lost your plug?

Gabby786 Wed 12-Oct-16 15:20:38

I haven't lost my plug. It's just wet and clear. Not really got a smell to it.

Afreshstartplease Wed 12-Oct-16 15:27:49

I've just had similar to this, sat up from laying down and it went right through my leggings! Not trickling now though

dodi1978 Wed 12-Oct-16 15:32:51

In my firs tpregnany my waters went with a 5trickle such as this. I didn't take it seriously. Luckoly I saw the community midwife that afternoon and she sent me in to be checked. No two hours later I was I labour.

Please ring to be checked!

Nimisha Wed 12-Oct-16 15:38:50

Could be waters definitely. How many weeks are you? Give the midwife a call.

Afreshstartplease Wed 12-Oct-16 15:38:59

Think mine was discharge as the patch on my leggings was slightly sticky

Gabby786 Wed 12-Oct-16 15:52:15

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. Mine haven't actually gone through to my leggings though. But they have soaked the top of my underwear. I was like have I wet myself and I don't even know haha. I'm gonna wait it out and see what happens I think.

Puggleface Wed 12-Oct-16 15:53:05

I remember this in my first pregnancy, but my question was 'waters or wee?' How far along are you? Give maternity assessment a call, they'll check you over!

Gabby786 Wed 12-Oct-16 16:26:53

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. I've always been adamant I will be overdue too so if it is my waters I'll be shocked lol

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 12-Oct-16 16:29:25

I would go get it checked out.
My Dd was born at exactly 38 weeks. My waters broke with a very slight, slow trickle and I wasn't sure if that's what it was at first!

Laura05 Wed 12-Oct-16 16:31:46

I started off like that with dc2. Woke up in the morning feeling damp and throughout the day I was leaking. I had mw that afternoon for a routine check up and she said it sounded like my waters. She noticed a tightening in my stomach also (which I couldn't feel as I don't carry much fluid and all I could feel was baby lol) She said I'd no doubt go that night.
2hrs later my contractions started and I had DS exactly 2hrs later.
Definitely phone your mw and good luck!! flowers

purplefizz26 Wed 12-Oct-16 16:35:01

Once waters have gone, you can become more susceptible to infection. They usually let you wait it out at home for a while but then want you in hospital so it's best to get checked out'

LillianFullStop Wed 12-Oct-16 16:52:14

I've woken up with wet underwear too despite wearing a panty liner (I'm 38+3). Was only wearing underwear so not sure if it would have gone through leggings. It was thinner and not the same as the stickier discharge I've had throughout.

Wearing a pad instead of liner today and I haven't had much since - Will keep an eye tonight in case it is only happening in the evening - I only get cramps in the evening too.

Afreshstartplease Wed 12-Oct-16 17:02:20

I'm having another lie down to see if it happens again

Squtternutbosch Wed 12-Oct-16 18:42:21

Ha, I'm 37+2 and have been playing this very game for a couple of days now. Have decided it's just thin, watery discharge. Lovely.

But if it's out of the norm for you, get checked out to be sure. Can't hurt!

Afreshstartplease Wed 12-Oct-16 19:49:17

Nothing else here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now