Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby movements

(10 Posts)
Gabby786 Wed 12-Oct-16 01:24:34

I still fee my baby move daily but the strength of the movements is less. Is this normal? I've read it is but I would like anyone else's experience on this.

Slave2thecat Wed 12-Oct-16 07:22:17

I think mines the same Im 34 weeks and feel less kicks and more wriggles?

louiseplusditi Wed 12-Oct-16 12:16:57

What does it feel like for a kick and a wriggle?
I am only 23 weeks with my first baby and everyone tells me that when its your first it takes longer to feel movements and when you do its like bubbles of gas or like flutters - I dont know what flutters are like and never pay much attention to gas bubbles lol!
However for the last week/week and half ive felt funny movements in the bottom of my tummy, kind of like when someone pats there fingers on my tummy but underneath, im guessing this is the baby move.?

Also is it normal that some days u dont feel it move to start with? Because some times i dont feel it move for a day or so xx

Gabby786 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:26:17

I'm actually 38 weeks now. So the movements are different. Like they slow down a bit towards the end. They're sleeping more. And yes this is my first and I didn't feel any proper movements till like almost 24 weeks.

Slave2thecat Wed 12-Oct-16 20:00:04

Kicks at first felt gentle like a bubble bursting (felt odd - but different feeling to one Id had before pregnancy). Now kicks feel like a internal twitching and my stomach moves! Wriggles are more of a constant movement for a few seconds....

I didn't feel definitive movements until about 25 weeks. I think it depends where your placenta is.

user1471855186 Wed 12-Oct-16 20:13:50

It depends on a lot but let the midwife worry about that and if you're at all concerned get to the midwife, they'd rather a false alarm than you do nothing.
I'm 26 weeks and the kicks are stronger by the week and the wriggling around is far more than it was and it hurts a LOT! Sometimes baby has days where movements are a little more gentle but still as frequent. I think if I felt baby less often whether hard kicks or soft, I'd get to the hospital, don't let them think you're wasting time. That's what they're there for. Good luck.

ElliemackB Wed 12-Oct-16 21:00:38

I have had the same worry and had my 28 week check up today so asked the midwife. She said some days kicks and movements will feel more gentle but there should be some kind of pattern. She said if the baby is not moving when it normally does, try a cold fizzy drink and see if that gets things moving.
However she did say always listen to your body and never worry about getting checked out at the hospital if you are worried.

Gabby786 Wed 12-Oct-16 21:41:32

During my pregnancy I've been to the hospital once as I didn't feel her move. She was just having a lazy day BUT always better to be safe than sorry I think.

Dixiechick17 Wed 12-Oct-16 22:09:08

I found they were bigger towards the end, so rather than a flurry of movements I'd get big movements, like bum sticking right up or an elbow, foot etc, they felt more exaggerated if that makes sense?

Saku Wed 12-Oct-16 23:53:59

when baby gets large.. at the end of pregnancy.... they get very less room to move.. thats why .. may be

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now