Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight loss after birth

(3 Posts)
BelliniButterfly Tue 11-Oct-16 18:16:37

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and prior to falling pregnant I lost 7 stone. I've continued with healthy diet and exercise throughout and have lost approximately just under 2 stone while pregnant.

I don't think I'm carrying much fluid so just wondering how much people lose on average after birth between baby, placenta etc? I've read anywhere up to 20lbs but I'm assuming that would only be if you've gained through your pregnancy?

I've really struggled with body image through this pregnancy and having a battle with myself everyday about continuing to exercise even though I'm really lacking in energy. I guess I just want to know what to expect once baby has been born but I'm sure with everything weight related it's a piece of string question!

SeashellHoarder Tue 11-Oct-16 18:38:55

For me I lost 10kg on the day of delivery both times. Which seemed a huge amount, given each baby was only 3.5 - 3.8 kg.

Whatsername17 Tue 11-Oct-16 19:08:17

Wow! 7 stone loss is absolutely amazing! Well done you! I gained 2 stone when pregnant and about a week after I needed to lose 7lb to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. Enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy and do not stress - you've done so well xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now