Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight gain/loss in late pregnancy

(9 Posts)
Squtternutbosch Tue 11-Oct-16 16:39:45

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar...

I'm 37+1 (getting close, eek!) in my first pregnancy. I was a "normal" weight to start off with (BMI around 22 i think) and gained approximately 22lb up until around 34 weeks.

Since then I haven't gained any weight and in the last week I have lost 1.5lb. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Am I not eating enough? I have been a bit low for a few weeks and probably not eating all that healthily, which I hate myself for, but I've probably been taking in enough calories overall. Would it be sensible to raise it with my doctor or does it sound normal at this stage of pregnancy?

Thanks smile

Squtternutbosch Wed 12-Oct-16 07:25:08

Anyone??

SaltedCaramelEverything Wed 12-Oct-16 07:35:07

I would suggest raising it with your doctor / midwife, mainly just to be on the safe side. But more importantly, that you've been feeling a bit low. I think being open with them will help get any support that you need flowers

Squtternutbosch Wed 12-Oct-16 18:49:24

Thanks saltedcaramel I think that is sensible

I'm another lb down today but seeing my OB tomorrow so I will ask her about it for sure.

They are aware that I have been quite low, my personal situation isn't the best. So I have some support on that front. I just wanted some reassurance that this isn't necessarily something I should add to my list of stuff keeping me awake at night!

Honeybee79 Wed 12-Oct-16 20:51:24

I remember that when I was pregnant the first time round I didn't gain anything in the last few weeks and did lose a lb or so at least one of those weeks. I don't think my mw was worried as weight gain overall was fine, measurements were also fine etc, but def get it checked out.

Squtternutbosch Thu 13-Oct-16 10:46:01

Ok so my doctor was entirely unconcerned with my weight, she says the baby is growing fine and getting everything he needs, so everything else is by the by. Turns out my total gain so far is 21lb, which is quite low but not weirdly so.

Thanks for the reassurance!

SaltedCaramelEverything Thu 13-Oct-16 11:07:14

Glad to hear it smile hope that puts your mind at rest

Honeybee79 Thu 13-Oct-16 11:26:29

Good news OP.

user1476359634 Thu 13-Oct-16 13:11:43

Congrats on your pregnancy! It is good that your baby growing fine) I'm 39 weeks pregnant and so excited to see my baby girl! Reading tones of pregnancy literature like this one: motherhow.com/39-weeks-pregnant/ Check it out, maybe it will be helpful for you) Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now