Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movement second time around?

(6 Posts)
NorthLondonMum83 Tue 11-Oct-16 11:31:16

Caveat: I'm a worrier, and this is probably a silly question. However it seems most second time mums I know feel movement really quite early on, I'm almost 18 weeks and nothing. Was over 20 with my first baby before I felt much, and he was a keen kicker before long - but all this talk of 13 week flutters is worrying me! Anyone else still take a while second time?

Jojo13 Tue 11-Oct-16 13:00:15

Me!
I'm 19 weeks and have felt the very odd, occasional flutter (which I'm still not sure isn't just food or something!) but was expecting more by now going by the things I have read.
I guess everyone is different?! And I sometimes think I'm so busy running around after my 18 month old I'm perhaps just not noticing it as much this time around so early. In fact my whole pregnancy has flown so far this time.
x

Reetpetite17 Tue 11-Oct-16 13:07:44

I thought I'd feel something earlier. I did feel the odd flutter of movement about 13/14 weeks but it wasn't until I had my second scan at 19wks that I started to feel what I definitely knew was kicking. Since then it has got stronger and now he doesn't stop moving. I thought it was odd that I hadn't felt something strong earlier but I read in my scan notes that my placenta is anterior which sucks. I don't know what position it was in with my first as it wasn't noted or mentioned/given to me because that hospital was shit so I'd say if you haven't felt much yet in the next few weeks you should do, try not to worry about it too much right now.

NorthLondonMum83 Tue 11-Oct-16 14:02:03

Thanks both! I have had flutters but I'm not sure if they are baby or food. But I guess that's how it starts! X

Laura05 Tue 11-Oct-16 17:26:01

I felt dc1 at 20weeks and dc2 at 18weeks. This time round I felt movement at 15weeks. I've personally never felt flutters or bubbling etc just kicks so not sure if I could've felt babies earlier.

Happilymarried155 Wed 12-Oct-16 07:06:33

Don't worry it also depends where your placenta is and how the baby is lying. I felt baby really early this time but placenta is at the back and baby is extremely lively. I'm sure you will start to feel it over the next couple of weeks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now