Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Contractions and sense of heaviness at 25 weeks

(6 Posts)
Chiaralig Tue 11-Oct-16 02:28:04

Dear all
I am 25 weeks pregnant (first pregnancy) and I think I have been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions since last week. Although initially this terrified me, I then understood that it is normal, as long as they are irregular and not painful. However, since last evening I feel a sense of heaviness/tension in my belly, a bit like period-like but not very painful. I woke up in the middle of the night and tried to feel whether I had contractions or not. I felt at least 2 in less than 30 minutes, then stopped counting. It's 3.30 am and I am kind of panicking.
Anyone have any advice??
Thanks!

celeryeater Tue 11-Oct-16 02:33:26

Can you ring the maternity ward you're do to give birth at? The number should be on the front of your maternity notes. Always best to be on the safe side and they won't mind at all, its what they're there for.

SeashellHoarder Tue 11-Oct-16 04:30:59

Did it pass? If you're still feeling this I would phone your hospital.
Hope you got some sleep.

SmallBee Tue 11-Oct-16 04:50:25

Came on to give the same advice as Celery.
Hope everything is OK.

Chiaralig Tue 11-Oct-16 06:33:22

Thanks. I did sleep a bit. Still feeling a bit weird so will call the doctor soon. Thanks!

Blossominspring Tue 11-Oct-16 09:07:45

Hello Chiaralig, give your maternity triage a ring this morning if you're still not feeling right as they might like to check you over just to be on the safe side. Always best to be seen if you are feeling worried. Take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now