Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Over active thyroid detected in third trimester

(1 Post)
Baz13 Mon 10-Oct-16 17:02:32

I went to DAU when I was 34 weeks as I was feeling reduced movements- I have an anterior placenta and find it hard sometimes to feel baby's movements, whilst on the trace my HR was 126 and would steady to 112 - this I have been told by the midwifes and my sister who is a nurse on a cardiac ward is too high (even for a pregnant woman) - and my SATS were low at 93% so the midwife spoke to a doctor and I had an ECG done and different bloods taken which revealed I had an overactive thyroid (but just on the cusp) which could explain my fast heart rate, palpitations and shortness of breath- I was told to have a repeat test 3 weeks later to determine the results.

Since the first test I have had an echo-cardiogram (not seen the consultant yet to discuss the results and am awaiting a 24 hour trace) - had the test re-done and was told my results were low and that I have an overactive thyroid and to see my GP as it's not a maternity issue. I cannot get an appointment at my GP surgery for several days -

Does anyone have any experience with this in pregnancy and after? Very curious and hope my baby is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now