Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Christmas outfit!

(7 Posts)
charlybs Sun 09-Oct-16 21:03:01

Ok so I know this is a little early... but I'm excited!

Anyone got any clothing recommendations for nice Christmas party/Christmas Day wear?

I have a work party, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, as well as NYE and another big roast dinner sort of day.

When I look at maternity wear it's all stripy tops and dungarees - I've only really looked at high street and jojomamanbebe. I don't really like flowery patterns or tea dresses either which doesn't seem to help!

I'll be about 7 months preggy!

Thanks smile

NannyW Sun 09-Oct-16 21:20:07

There are loads of lovely dresses on Asos, depends what you like smile

www.asos.com/maya-maternity/maya-maternity-embellished-bodice-hi-lo-prom-dress/prd/7169884?iid=7169884&clr=Burgundy&SearchQuery=&cid=5813&pgesize=36&pge=1&totalstyles=1065&gridsize=3&gridrow=4&gridcolumn=2

www.asos.com/asos-maternity/asos-maternity-flutter-sleeve-lace-skater-dress/prd/6345782?iid=6345782&clr=Black&SearchQuery=&cid=5813&pgesize=36&pge=3&totalstyles=525&gridsize=3&gridrow=8&gridcolumn=1

www.asos.com/hope-and-ivy-maternity/hope-ivy-maternity-printed-flutter-sleeve-hi-lo-midi-dress/prd/7083836?iid=7083836&clr=Purple&cid=5813&pgesize=204&pge=0&totalstyles=436&gridsize=3&gridrow=22&gridcolumn=2

I like all of those, but i don’t think i’ll be pregnant enough to get away with a maternity dress for Christmas! Although i’m already considering wearing maternity jeans and i’m only 9 weeks, everything is so tight and uncomfortable around my middle!

charlybs Sun 09-Oct-16 22:16:36

Oh I wouldn't worry about waiting for maternity jeans. None of my trousers fit from about 8 weeks and buying some over bump jeans was the best thing I did!! Go for it!

charlybs Sun 09-Oct-16 22:18:12

Also thanks for ASOS - I think I filtered by price last time I looked so missed out seeing all the nice sparkly things smile

sycamore54321 Mon 10-Oct-16 00:37:32

I have this and it is truly beautiful on - m.asos.com/asos-maternity/asos-maternity-asymmetric-contemporary-midi-dress-with-belt/prd/6107903?iid=6107903. Unfortunately it is out of stock in a lot of sizes but I can definitely recommend it. One of the few items of maternity wear I've found anywhere that is as nice or nicer than regular clothing. The fabric is a nice crisp woven dress fabric, none of the awful clingy Jersey/t-shirt material.

charlybs Mon 10-Oct-16 08:30:36

Ooh sycamore that's lovely smile

NannyW Mon 10-Oct-16 09:57:33

That is a nice dress sycamore good to dress up and down too. Thanks charlybs think I am going to have to bite the bullet and just do it! Maternity jeans here we come grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now