Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Twins!

(14 Posts)
jayisforjessica Sun 09-Oct-16 12:44:10

I'm brand new here. This isn't my first pregnancy - I have a twelve year old son. I was thinking that this time around I'm a lot bigger than I was with DS, but then I wasn't sure because it WAS twelve years ago, you know? Well, yesterday I had a scan.

Twins!

According to the scan it's a boy and a girl. So now I have to think of names! I'm due at the end of February!

Hoping to make some new friends here. It's nice to meet (whoever reads and replies)!
-Jay

JustJaneForNow Sun 09-Oct-16 13:35:17

Wow - congratulations! This is my first time round and I am (very) surprised to be here! I think you'll find a lot of support here (that's been my experience).

Mermaid36 Sun 09-Oct-16 13:37:32

Congratulations! I had twins in April this year - first pregnancy. Two is hard work, but bloody lovely!

SaltedCaramelEverything Sun 09-Oct-16 15:24:31

Wow!! That's amazing flowersflowers huge congratulations. One of each is lovely. Hope your DS is ready to be a double big bro smile I'm sure he'll come in very handy!

honeysucklejasmine Sun 09-Oct-16 15:27:33

Congratulations!

Mermaid was it really April?? Wow! Your two are adorable. 😍

neversleepagain Sun 09-Oct-16 22:18:28

Congratulations, I remember the shock at my first scan at 13 weeks.

Mine twins are now 4 but the shock is still fresh in my mind smile

idontlikealdi Sun 09-Oct-16 22:21:38

Wow,
Congratulations! How many weeks are you if they can tell the sex ?

My twins are 5 now, it's bloody hard but amazing.

jayisforjessica Mon 10-Oct-16 02:27:40

I'm 20 weeks, according to my ob. This was my first actual ultrasound, though I've been seeing a doctor since I knew I was pregnant!

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 10-Oct-16 08:32:21

Natural boy girl twins are rare as are natural same sex but not identical twins

As two eggs and 2 sperm

Many congrats 💐

NeverAShadowOfDoubt Mon 10-Oct-16 10:12:45

Congratulations op! I'm currently first time pregnant and 22+3 with boy/girl Di-Di twins! Due Feb 10th but will be delivered at 36/37 either by induction or c-section according to my consultant. How are you feeling in yourself? Has the back ache started? Oh. The. Back. Ache. My desk job is nigh on killing me. Names.... we can't decide!

jayisforjessica Mon 10-Oct-16 23:26:06

Ohhh the back ache. Do not even get me started. However, DS (twelve) is so thrilled about being a big brother that he's taking it upon himself to wait on me hand and foot when he's not at school or activities. It is the sweetest thing!

scienceteachergeek Tue 11-Oct-16 00:14:45

Ahhh congratulations.

My boy/girl twins are coming out in 14 days by clicking section.

It was such a shock for us both. I'm terrified and waiting for the excitement to kick in!

FetchezLaVache Tue 11-Oct-16 00:19:11

Congratulations x 2!

melibu84 Tue 11-Oct-16 00:32:48

Congratulations :D

I'm a twin, and my biggest fear was having twins lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now