Talk

Advanced search

Little spots on upper arms

(5 Posts)
Nottalotta Sat 08-Oct-16 14:28:44

Has anyone else got this? I have small white spots, mostly squeezable, on the very top/back of both arms and spreading onto my back. So I can feel them if I put my left hand under my right armpit. They are in the area I can touch if I do that.

Is this usual in pregnancy, I didn't get it last time. Maybe some vitamin deficiency?

Just wondering if there's anything I can do.

RobberBride Sun 09-Oct-16 13:19:31

Don't pick them! It sounds like keratosis pilaris which is a normal pregnancy complaint, they are due to hormonal changes. I got them when I went through puberty, then they went away only to return when I started fertility treatment. Now 7 weeks pregnant and still here.

Some people swear by rubbing cream with a high urea content on the affected area, Flexitol (the heel balm!) is a popular choice. To be honest I'll probably just leave them afterwards and then sort them then.

More info here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1191526-Flexitol-is-also-very-good-for-keratosis-pilaris-red-bumps-on-arms/AllOnOnePage

Nottalotta Sun 09-Oct-16 13:21:31

Thank you! They aren't really red bumps, just really bumps in the skin. But I will try to leave them.alone and hope they go when dc is born. I think I had them as a teen too.

gonetoseeamanaboutadog Sun 09-Oct-16 14:18:49

I find that fake tan gets rid of these - perhaps it dries the skin.

peaceloveandbiscuits Sun 09-Oct-16 14:20:42

A good scrub with a loofah might help - increases blood circulation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now