Talk

Advanced search

Cvs test

(6 Posts)
Joreid1988 Sat 08-Oct-16 11:06:40

Hi
Just wondering if anybody has had the cvs test done?
I'm 17 weeks and found that baby has not developed the "Ductus venouses" which is associated with Down syndrome etc.....
This is the only defect the consultant can find as heart, fluid etc is all looking ok
My blood test results come back as low risk but obviously the consultant can't deffo say that baby will be born without problems
So iv been offered the cvs test but am a bit concerened as it's a 1 in 100 chance of miscarriage, if I have it done I will get a defiant answer but have the risk of miscarrying 😩
But if I don't have it done then I will not know if my baby will be born with problems or not?
Just looking for a bit of advice or if anybody else has gone thru sane thing?

mummypeepee Sat 08-Oct-16 15:18:30

I had a cvs test and sadly was one in the 100. Would you terminate if it was positive? If not I wouldn't personally have the test and just arm myself with as much info as possible if it does turn out to be downs. There are other tests available these days as well

crayfish Sat 08-Oct-16 16:03:02

Could you afford to pay privately for the NIPT or 'harmony' test? Would give you a clearer answer and is risk free.

ThornyBird Sat 08-Oct-16 16:05:16

I had a CVS and the baby was clear for trisomies but had/has got heart defects which were identified at a 20 week cardiac scan (not the routine 20 week scan).

Barefootcontessa84 Sat 08-Oct-16 18:28:38

If you can afford the Harmony (around £400/500), it is non-invasive and gives you a definitive result.

Barefootcontessa84 Sat 08-Oct-16 18:29:01

(With no chance of MC as it's a simple blood test)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now