Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction

(14 Posts)
Chocoholicmonster Fri 07-Oct-16 19:11:39

Ive been booked in to be induced via the tablet (passary?) next weekend.

To those who have been induced this way, how many attempts did it take / how long did it take? I know it all varies from person & pregnancy but just wanted to get a general idea. The Dr has waned me it could take three attempts over three days. TIA

Hawkmoth Fri 07-Oct-16 19:14:08

Eight hours. First baby. I'm told that was unusual. All very frantic and I was not believed until I was pushing. So be prepared just in case you are sensitive to the pessary!

duckyisback Fri 07-Oct-16 19:52:46

I was induced with my second.

I was 37 weeks, went in on Saturday morning and had a pessary. Started contracting by the afternoon, they gave me a sweep early evening which stopped everything hmm.

Was at 2cm so Sunday morning was taken to have waters broke. Still nothing.

Was put on the drip at 7ishpm that night.

Ds was born at 4.39am Monday morning smile

Good luck!!

UnicornPee Fri 07-Oct-16 19:58:06

I went in to be induced, had it all explained what was about to happen, had a final 'internal'examination then they were like "oh actually we can feel the sac we'll just break your waters instead" so they did and I never needed to be induced.
So be prepared for that possibly happening

user1468321775 Fri 07-Oct-16 19:59:45

I wasn't given the first pessary at 6pm and was in labour within 2 hours. I second Hawkmoth - they didn't believe I was in labour either until I was 10cm (4 hours after pessary!) so be prepared to make yourself known! Good luck!

RabbitsNap01 Fri 07-Oct-16 20:00:14

I've been induced twice, in both cases it took a couple of days (neither dd wanted to budge) and I had to go on a drip to get dd1 out but no c sections and all was ok - pack magazines and music

shimmysparkles Fri 07-Oct-16 20:06:02

4 attempts but think that is unusual. I watched lots of other ladies come and go so think it just depends on your body really. Good luck.

Melmam Fri 07-Oct-16 20:14:13

I was induced at 40+4 via pessary at 11am started contracting 2 hours later and baby was born at 21.51 same night it was intense from the get go I was the last onto the induction ward and first out to delivery

Chocoholicmonster Fri 07-Oct-16 20:46:16

Thank you all. Hoping it doesn't take too long! This is my first baby too so I'm a little bit anxious of all the unknowns!

AGruffaloCrumble Fri 07-Oct-16 20:47:40

4 hours first time, 2 and a half the next!

RabbitsNap01 Fri 07-Oct-16 20:48:44

Good luck, you'll be holding your baby soon in any case, as I said to each of mine, the clock is definitely ticking now!

Tumtitum Fri 07-Oct-16 20:52:59

I was booked to be induced with DD and the very next day after agreeing the induction date I went into labour smile fingers crossed for you! Hope it goes well.

FanSpamTastic Fri 07-Oct-16 20:57:23

I was induced at 40 +12 days. Pessary was at 8 am. Nothing happened all morning. Went for a really long walk all round the hospital. Still nothing by lunchtime. Had lunch. Sent hubbie home to see our girls and my parents while I went for a lie down on the ward (no visitors on ward for 2 hours after lunch). It all kicked off while he was gone. I got moved to delivery at 3 - he made it back just in time. DS was born at 4:30 that afternoon. Good luck - hope all goes well. Try and keep mobile and walk around while you can - gravity will help!

bluechameleon Fri 07-Oct-16 20:57:26

I was induced because no labour 24 hours after waters broke. Did pessary, no labour. 24 hours later they went to take it out and it wasn't there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now