Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 weeks and symptoms have literally GONE

(7 Posts)
feesh Fri 07-Oct-16 13:32:01

Please can someone advise me? I'm 7+2 and had an exceptionally busy day yesterday, so I didn't really notice much in the way of my usual boob pain or nausea.

This morning I woke up and ALL of my symptoms have definitely, completely gone and it's really worrying me.

My boobs have shrunk back to their normal size and are completely non-tender.

I've not had a single bit of nausea.

I literally feel like I am not pregnant at all, whereas up until now I have been feeling dreadful all day with really sore boobs.

I am on Cyclogest 400mg twice a day and I'm not even feeling the effects of that today.

I'm under the care of a private consultant, so I could in theory go and get a scan done whenever I like, but I am actually too scared to in case it's bad news, I can't handle it.

Becciilouisex3 Fri 07-Oct-16 14:28:59

If you're concerned always call the midwife to discuss your symptoms. I know the possibility of bad news is hard to think about but you need to know what's going on inside your body.

What I will say is that this can happen and be totally normal. I panicked like mad because I developed awful sickness at 6 weeks but in my 7th week had a few days of no sickness or even nausea and I could press my boobs without them hurting.

The midwife told me to enjoy the fact I was having "good days" but it didn't stop me panicking. Sure enough after a few days all my symptoms returned and i did wish for my days back without them! I'm now 38+3 and totally healthy!

Your hormones are all over the place and will cause symptoms but it's really not uncommon at all for them to ease up on random days throughout. Don't panic and stress yourself out. If you haven't experienced severe abdominal pain or bleeding, take that as a good and comforting sign for the time being. But please call the midwife and/or book a scan if that's what would help, anything to put your mind at ease as worrying isn't good for you flowers

fuzzywuzzy Fri 07-Oct-16 14:32:15

Feesh go to your consultant and get a scan to put your mind at rest.

Symptoms can come and go. It could be anything.

Please go to your consultant it's what he's there for.

Hope everything is ok. xx

Badgerbird Fri 07-Oct-16 15:12:45

Feesh sorry to hear you are feeling anxious, these first few weeks are so hard aren't they!!

I'm 7.1 and my symptoms come & go, I don't feel nauseous or have sore boobs every day and I'm on cyclogest 400mg twice a day too. Some days I've felt like a fraud, like I'm probably not really pregnant! Had an early scan today and all good so it's hard to tell what's going on by just symptoms.

However, definitely call your consultant or EPU if you are overly worried. Especially as you can have an early scan. I totally understand how scary it is to have a scan (had loads but none positive until today) but knowing what's going on can put you a little bit more back in control. IYKWIM!

Fingers crossed for you and let us know how you get on.

feesh Fri 07-Oct-16 16:09:08

Thanks guys. I was thinking of going for a scan tomorrow, but we would need to have someone look after the kids, and we live abroad so that's going to be difficult, but if we can find a way to do it we will.

If not, we will go on Sunday as the kids will be at school then and DH has said he will take time off to come with me. I really don't want to go on my own in case it's bad news.

I had a scan at 6.1 and they saw a foetal pole and pulsing, and it measured exactly to the day that I thought I was, but I know that doesn't mean much really.

Badgerbird, thanks for the virtual handhold, it means a lot to know someone else is in such a similar position.

talulahbelle Fri 07-Oct-16 16:12:17

Good luck for your scan.
I'm 8+2, had an early scan at 7 weeks showing everything looking good. I then had no symptoms at all on Monday this week and was convinced something was wrong - they're back with a vengeance today though.

feesh Fri 07-Oct-16 16:58:05

Here's hoping I wake up with tits like footballs and an overwhelming desire to chuck up my breakfast in the morning :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now