Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Opinion on conflicting test results

(9 Posts)
whyyyyy Thu 06-Oct-16 12:08:09

13 dpo and superdrug early detection showing positive, clear blue clearly not! Anyone had a similar situation?

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Thu 06-Oct-16 12:36:08

The Clearblue digital tests aren't very sensitive. The Superdrug one will be right.

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Thu 06-Oct-16 12:37:44

You'll probably get a positive on a Clearblue digital in another few days, but I wouldn't waste your money on buying another one.

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 06-Oct-16 13:06:48

All the threads I read say that clear blue isn't very sensitive.

Becciilouisex3 Thu 06-Oct-16 13:48:37

Clearblue are pretty renowned for not being very sensitive & pink dye tests (especially Superdrug actually!) are generally pretty accurate!

False positives are very rare as you're not going to have the pregnancy hormone in your body if you're not pregnant. Test again in a couple of days maybe but I'd say that's definitely a positive and not the faintest I've seen either smile

whyyyyy Thu 06-Oct-16 14:07:33

Thank you everyone. I agree- you don't have to squint too hard to see that line. I went out and bought two more double packs of the superdrug one, did another with quite diluted wee at this point (gallons of coffee later) and the line was the same as the one i took this morning. My bathroom looks like pregnancy test stock room at present. Did buy a two back of the clear blue so will hold out and use that in a few weeks if i don't bleed just for the hell of i!

Spam88 Thu 06-Oct-16 15:10:11

Congratulations OP smile Definitely a positive! (Although I hope the gallons of coffee were decaf!)

LBNM19 Thu 06-Oct-16 22:22:53

Did a clear blue digital and it said not pregnant, a few days later I still hadn't got my period. I did a first response and it was positive. Im 26 weeks now. X

thecatsarecrazy Thu 06-Oct-16 22:31:31

Congratulations definitely a positive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now