Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mole/brown mark in belly button?

(8 Posts)
kayleighb21 Wed 05-Oct-16 17:54:58

I'm 26 weeks with my first baby and my belly button is just starting to come out a little. I have had my belly button pierced 16 years and I have just taken it out.
I have just noticed a fairly large mole/brown spot that gets slightly scabby inside my belly button that I have never seen before. I showed my GP who said it looked unusual and to keep an eye on it.
Has anyone else had or noticed anything like this?

Laura05 Wed 05-Oct-16 18:25:58

I found a brown mole when pregnant with dc1. It wasn't until my belly button popped out that I noticed it. To begin with I thought it was dirt (it's not somewhere I tend to ensure is thoroughly clean lol) but on close inspection realised it's a mole. Mine isn't crusty or sore etc just a brown Mark on the skin.
Keep an eye on it and if it does become sore, weepy or dramatically change in shape/colour then please do get it checked out.
I'll add a pic of mine.

Laura05 Wed 05-Oct-16 18:27:14

Excuse the tummy mess lol I'm 17weeks and I've just eaten so extremely whale-ish just now grin

user1468321775 Wed 05-Oct-16 18:53:18

This is exactly what I have too...it's just your linea negra (which hasn't yet/might not turn into a full line. Completely normal! With my first it ran the whole length of my bump, this time just a little discolouration inside belly button 👍

kayleighb21 Wed 05-Oct-16 20:27:28

I didn't realise we could add a photo, yours looks very similar to mine! Have you seen your doctor about yours? He said to monitor it and check it doesn't grow but the fact he said it's unusual unnerved me a little bit!! The fact yours is very similar and your pregnant too makes me feel a bit better though! xx

finova Fri 07-Oct-16 20:33:06

I have that, thought it was a bit of old vein from the cord?

Laura05 Fri 07-Oct-16 20:38:56

I mentioned it to mw during first pg and she just said it was my normal belly button and that I'd probably never noticed as it's not really somewhere we look (until it pops out lol) I'm on pg3 now and it's still there. It's caused no bother at all x

Spotsondots Thu 13-Oct-16 16:04:42

I had this. Currently 11 weeks with number 2 so waiting to see if it reappears...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now