Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy test is testing me!!!

(12 Posts)
BehindBlueEyes26 Tue 04-Oct-16 11:47:11

Hi everyone, just hoped one of you would be able to help with this...
I've been feeling really off this week for various reasons; constantly needing to pee, tired, sensitive, had what feels like a mild UTI. This is really unusual for me and I'm on the pill but it's absolutely identical to how I felt before I found out I was pregnant a couple of years ago (I got pregnant whilst on the pill then too, unfortunately I lost the baby though sad ). It's been rattling around my head for a few days but I still have 6 days to go before my period is supposed to be due, or when I'd normally have my bleed for my pill at least... I'm not the most patient, so I bought one of those first response early tests. I've attached a picture of what came back and, if possible, I'm even more confused. I've seen plenty of examples online of a faint positive line (which I think I have here) but the control line is also super faint too. So frustrating as I just don't know what to think! Does that means it's a dud? Anyone have any experience on this or thoughts? Thank you!

smellsofelderberries Tue 04-Oct-16 11:51:09

I can see two lines, so it's either a positive test or you could be far enough along that your hormone levels are really high and it's screwing up the test. If it's 6 days until your period is due then I would say the former (unless there was anything weird about your last period?), but I would go and get another test anyway.

BehindBlueEyes26 Tue 04-Oct-16 11:56:08

Thank you! There was nothing unusual that I noticed with my last period, so I'm guessing it is really early... I'll try another one but I'm really confused about that control line being faint too. I could understand the actual test line being faint at this stage but the control line too is worrying me hmm

Afreshstartplease Tue 04-Oct-16 11:57:53

I see two lines, try another test

thatsnotmybear Tue 04-Oct-16 11:58:00

It looks like a faint positive, perhaps you didn't pee on it enough to give a bolder control line? You don't need FMU with a FRER so maybe take another test when you've held your wee for a few hours?

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 04-Oct-16 12:00:11

Also seeing two lines OP so definitely do another test first time tomorrow if you can.

MuffyTheUmpireSlayer Tue 04-Oct-16 12:01:36

I see two lines too. Definitely do another test.

BehindBlueEyes26 Tue 04-Oct-16 12:39:10

Thank you everyone! I've bought two more tests, so I may wait a few hours to try one more, and then leave the other one for tomorrow first thing in the morning. I guess I just have to wait and see... Even if it isn't exactly what was planned (I'm getting married next year!), I would be absolutely thrilled if it really is a positive! smile

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 04-Oct-16 12:55:27

Keep us posted and really good luck it's a confirmed BFP!

BehindBlueEyes26 Tue 04-Oct-16 13:43:29

Took another test and control line is clear but not positive sad I know it's still early (and I know mid afternoon isn't as good as first time in the morning anyway) so I'll try again tomorrow, but I feel really disappointed. Not even like I was trying, really stupid that I feel so sad about it...

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 04-Oct-16 14:25:26

It's not at all stupid! Be kind to yourself OP. If af isn't due for another 6 days and your symptoms persist try another test in 5 days and see then. flowers

And whatever happens, you've got your wedding to focus on which is very exciting!

BehindBlueEyes26 Tue 18-Oct-16 19:18:45

Hi all, thanks again for your messages back to this, you have no idea how much I appreciated it. Sorry for the very slow reply but I thought I'd update...
I took another test two days later and got another very vague positive. Two days after that, I got what felt like my period x 10. Doctor examined me and told me it was probably a chemical pregnancy. He was reluctant to call it a miscarriage, more so it's a pregnancy that didn't stick in the first place, which I understand and agree with. He called it the peril of the early pregnancy test, that you find these things out way too soon now. Guess I learnt my lesson on that sad
Anyway, feels a bit crap but nothing I can do now I guess. Thank you all for being so supportive about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now