Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36 weeks pregnant and regular diarrohea over past week. What could it mean?

(7 Posts)
ruthietoothie Mon 03-Oct-16 20:11:33

I'm 36 weeks with my third child. Over the past week ive had three to four days when I've had a couple of spells of pretty full on diarrohea but then it passes. I'm definitely also going to loo much more often than usual (even when stools firm, sorry tmi). Could this be a sign of something starting? I've also been having bad heartburn and baby feels v low.

Don't think it can be a bug as keeps coming and going.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks!!

SleepForTheWeak Mon 03-Oct-16 20:13:43

Hi ruthie

Loose bowel movements are quite common before labour, your body is trying to flush itself in preparation smile.

I had this at about your stage, it then eased off and started again a couple days before labour began (39+3).

Good luck!

ruthietoothie Mon 03-Oct-16 20:17:09

Thanks! So you still had a few weeks of pregnancy yet? I've also been getting a clear discharge most days... Ideally, I'd like the baby to stay put till closer to my DD so reassuring to know you had similar symptoms but labour didn't come on soon afterwards!

SleepForTheWeak Mon 03-Oct-16 20:19:30

Nono had it on and off for a couple weeks before labour kicked in, I don't think it's a sign that's it's imminent but it's definitely a sign that your body is getting geared up for it.

Wishing you all the best

Ps it's a blessing really as if you've been having loose stools for a few days not much can come out during labour wink

Chocoholicmonster Mon 03-Oct-16 20:20:19

I could of wrote your post! The discharge, loose bowl movement & the most chronic heartburn. I'm currently 36 +2. Glad to see it's normal / common.

Newmum90 Mon 03-Oct-16 20:23:43

38+5. Had that around 36 weeks and its returned to normal now. Im waiting in vain!

ruthietoothie Mon 03-Oct-16 20:33:04

Funny / v good to know that it's common. Can't remember this wig my other two and never suffered from heartburn before. I'm od-ing on gaviscon!! Good luck to everyone. Pregnancy is just so glamorous ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now