Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

(Down there) Waxing when pregnant

(10 Posts)
MoonlightMojitos Sun 02-Oct-16 19:06:02

So I'm due my usual wax but have put off booking so far as I've read conflicting things about having it done whilst pregnant although I gather it is safe? Just any risk of infection etc could be more dangerous? I've been going to my lady for years and never had any problems so I'm not worried about that. Has anyone continued with waxing and did you find it any more painful or anything? Any advice?

Sausagema Sun 02-Oct-16 19:30:38

I still get waxed every 6 weeks. It's a bit more painful but it's been fine. I go to someone I've gone to for years and know she practices hygienically.

Only1scoop Sun 02-Oct-16 19:32:51

I remember being waxed quite far along and dd doing the biggest kick ever when a painful strip was pulled off....confused

Celticlassie Sun 02-Oct-16 19:40:56

The first time I had it done after I found out I was pregnant it hurt so much that I couldn't let her finish. blush Next time (next week) I intend to be far more brave.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Sun 02-Oct-16 19:50:54

I bruised really badly sad

MrsMKJ Mon 03-Oct-16 00:56:17

I had regular waxes before my
Pregnancy and have kept going throughout without any problems. I also go to the same lady all the time. The worst I've had to overcome was the baby moving and scaring her! I'd say give it a go, as you might be totally grand. I think the avoiding waxing or shaving to minimise infection risk is only relevant when labour is imminent.

FlourishingMrs Mon 03-Oct-16 01:08:36

I got really bad ingrown hairs this time

MoonlightMojitos Mon 03-Oct-16 10:08:57

Thanks ladies. I'll book in, give it a go and see what happens. Sounds like it might be more painful I'll just have to see how I cope!

Squtternutbosch Mon 03-Oct-16 13:22:38

Just be aware most places have a policy of not waxing women in the first trimester. Obviously if that's you, you won't be showing yet so in theory you could just not tell them, but I guess there must be a reason.

Fwiw I had a wax the other day (35 weeks) and although it was no more painful than normal, I do have much worse wax rash/ingrowing hairs. Boo.

Catdogcat Mon 03-Oct-16 13:28:34

I continued getting a bikini wax while pregnant every 6 weeks.

I swapped from Hollywood to Brazilian at 27 weeks.

Worst bit I found was lying down while it was done and trying to get back up afterwards! Getting into the required positions wasn't the easiest either.

Pain/bruising wide unnoticed no difference at all but the salon I go to uses Lycon wax which hurts/bruises less anyway in my experience.

Any good waxer should start at edges anyway if you're pregnant and might need to stop so you don't end up uneven.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now