Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal...?

(7 Posts)
Samatamfabahaba Sat 01-Oct-16 22:26:00

Hi! I'm almost seven weeks and in the last, I'd say, 5 days I've had some uncomfortable "period" type pains at night mostly, and the feeling like I need a poo, so I go to the toilet and either nothing happens or a tiny little pointless poo happens... the cramp goes away after ten or so mins, but it comes back again the next night.
I know there are loads of changes going on inside me and my hormones are going bat shit crazy, but has anyone else had anything like this? I'd say it was constipation but I've genuinely never had it before so don't know what it's meant to feel like!
Also, soz for the overshare but thought you wise people would be able to help me! smile

Fluffsnuts Sat 01-Oct-16 23:59:05

I had horrific stomach cramps and constipation in the early days.

CharminglyGawky Sun 02-Oct-16 00:08:11

Sadly constipation is normal in pregnancy, as is the opposite apparently hmm

Pregnancy pretty much just screws with your digestive system! Are you taking prenatal vitamins? They normally include iron which can slow your digestion even more! Try to drink more, eat more fruit etc.

Soyouare2faced Sun 02-Oct-16 00:11:46

I was like this too

MoonlightMojitos Sun 02-Oct-16 00:20:50

I am only 4 weeks+2 but I've a similar thing in that the last 3 nights I have woken up in the middle of the night with such intense cramps that I've been so worried I will be bleeding (but havnt). I don't feel like I need to poo but I do wonder if it is maybe related to that, instead of actually being cramps. I'm usually very regular twice a day blush but I've probably only been twice in the last 3 or 4 days now. I don't feel like I need to go though? Hmm. They are the same as you that they only last about 20 mins and only at night.

Samatamfabahaba Sun 02-Oct-16 08:29:43

Morning!

Thank you all SO much I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one! Im taking folic acid and trying to eat as much fruit as possible and I've eaten roughly 6789 tonnes of shreddies in an effort to "get things moving" but it doesn't really help. Please god tell me it doesn't last nine months, I don't think I could cope.

MoonlightMojitos Sun 02-Oct-16 08:59:24

Oh and gawky and thanks for the tip... I take pregnacare with my evening meal so I wonder if it's worth me taking in the morning instead and seeing if it stops the night cramps? Im still not sure if mine is actual cramps or due to digestion but I'll give it a go smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now