Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

labour stories

(8 Posts)
Baz13 Sat 01-Oct-16 10:28:25

I am really curious as to everyone's labour stories - I am 36 weeks and although this is my third baby, I had an EMCS with my first and was induced early with my second so have no idea what the onset of labour feels like.

I feel like my body is preparing for birth, baby has dropped a lot, loose stools (tmi), backache, periody type of pains in my lower tummy; these are quite recent and then BH which have been more frequent but do not come in a pattern -although the other night they were coming every 10 minutes or so for 4 hours then just stopped out of the blue- I was so annoyed as I was exhausted the next day for nothing! Have had the nesting bug yesterday and so much energy I ran up the stairs (well more like a fast waddle). These are surely all good signs and that my body is working towards the end goal? Well I mean she has to come out eventually smile

Just wondered what everyone's onset and labour stories were like and if you would kindly share them with me.

Although I have 4 weeks left I cannot wait to meet my little girl, it's been a long time coming and after many heartbreaking attempts I just want to hold her in my arms - that and I am fed up of being pregnant (aren't we all?!).

Notso Sat 01-Oct-16 10:47:57

I won't bore you with the details of four labours but nesting was a big sign for me. With all of them I had the urge to do major cleaning the day before I went into labour.

My third and fourth labours were very different to my first and second. (I didn't make it to the hospital in time for DC4) Very quick and I actually felt my body was doing its job rather than waiting to be told it was time for pushing.

Oysterbabe Sat 01-Oct-16 12:45:58

I went to bed one night and woke up at 4am feeling damp. When I got up there was a big gush of liquid. I was only 35+5 so it was unexpected. I spend some time debating as to whether maybe I'd just pissed myself but went to MAU who confirmed my waters had gone. As I was preterm they kept me in to see if labour started or if they'd need to induce. Around 4pm I started getting aching in my lower back. This started to come in waves that gradually increased in intensity. But 7:45pm I was having to breath through the back pain. It was about 3.5 minutes apart but lasting less than a minute. They examined me and found I was 6cm dilated. At 8:30pm the contractions changed to being at the front and moving down my body. They examined me again and I was fully dilated. DD was born at 9:05pm.

Prior to my waters breaking I had no clues at all that labour was imminent.

UnicornPee Sun 02-Oct-16 13:48:36

I woke up at 7am 1 day before my due date with very bad dioriah (tmi!)
As I didn't know this was a labour symptom I assumed of given myself good poisoning so got on with the pain and pooping on my own.
By 8.30am I was shaking in agony so woke my OH.
We went to hospital.
I told them I was in so much pain but they just left me in a room.
I eventually pressed the emergency button and they checked me and were absolutely shocked to find I was 8cm (bitches didn't believe me)
The pain got very very strong when my body started pushing naturally (as in it wasn't me pushing- my body pushed for me)
Then out popped my son.
I had to have stitches which was very painful.
Good luck xx

Dixiechick17 Sun 02-Oct-16 17:14:26

I had irregular braxton hicks all day, which I was timing and were between 8-10 mins apart. Then I went to bed and woke up to period pain at around 11.30pm, timed the pains for an hour and a half and they were 8 mins apart, got up to go loo and when I got back into bed I had a small gush about 1am, contractions started at 2am waters went properly at 4am, my DD arrived at 7.17am.

Dixiechick17 Sun 02-Oct-16 17:15:04

That was at 40+5 by the way

babynelly2010 Sun 02-Oct-16 18:43:22

With my second dc I had a real nesting urge going on a day before, I remember feeling angry that noone was doing the same, my mom was around. With first nothing, she was late and woke up a week past due with a heavy show. It was a long labour too...

Shadowboy Sun 02-Oct-16 20:55:19

I had no symptoms whatsoever! I went to work, came home walked the dogs, sorted out the horse, showered went out for a meal with some NCT pregnant couples. Felt normal - got in bed at 11pm thought I'd suddenly wet myself. But the steady flow kept coming so rang hospital. It took 21 hours from waters breaking to giving birth though. She was born 38+2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now