Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting throughout first and second trimester

(5 Posts)
purpleviolet1 Thu 29-Sep-16 15:27:21

Hi

I'm currently 13+6 and since 9+3 I've had a brown coloured discharge/spotting. I had a red bleed which lasted a few hours at 12 weeks but it's gone back to brown since then.

I've had lots of scans and all appears ok so far. There was no cause of bleeding identified on the scan apart from a tiny heomotoma when I was 9 weeks which they never saw again.

Can anyone share any stories? I've had two miscarriages previously and I'm finding it all so hard. I would just like some stories to help prepare myself for the worst or some success stories to help me hang in there. I'd rather just know either way and prepare myself. The consultant keeps saying that they aren't bothered about brown but I'm not sure it's as straight forward as that.

daydream86 Fri 30-Sep-16 07:27:23

Hi violet Injust noticed no one replied to you, try not to worry too much if your doctors are happy with you and your baby looks fine in the scan. I know it's not easy, I had lots of small bleeds and spotting on and off from the time of implantation, throughout the 1st trimester until about 14 weeks. told I had an extra chorionic haematoma. I spent several frightening mornings in the early preg unit! they legerdemain and inwasntiltold it had resolved at 20 week scan but I had further bleeds at 21 weeks and 31 weeks, no cause found and baby absolutely fine. I'm now 39 weeks, fed up and grumpy as hell, and my little bugger shows no sign of wanting to escape any time soon!

daydream86 Fri 30-Sep-16 07:28:44

argh stupid phone, what I mean is, they petered out and I was told at the 20 week it had resolved

HP07 Fri 30-Sep-16 09:24:10

Hi Op. I had regular bleeding (brown and red) from conception all the way through to 22 weeks. I am currently 10 days overdue and getting impatient to meet my baby! Mine was due to a low lying placenta and an ectropian on my cervix and once my placenta moved up it all miraculously stopped. I had a private scan at nearly 16 weeks to diagnose this and then NHS continued to perform the extra scans to track my progress after this. It would have been picked up at 20 week scan but I was anxious and wanted answers before that. I wish you all the best with your pregnancy and hope that the spotting resolves for you too.

purpleviolet1 Fri 30-Sep-16 18:19:23

Thankyou for sharing xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now