Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 5 weeks

(7 Posts)
OxfordLily Thu 29-Sep-16 08:20:55

Hi all would love your help/advice. For last two days I have a small amount of brown/pinkish blood when I wipe. Today it's full on red. Should I call my gp or go to an epu? I had spotting with my dd1 but starting to worry again!

Blocksta74 Thu 29-Sep-16 10:20:48

Hi there I had bleeding at 5 weeks. I had IVF and they implanted two and it looks like I lost one.

When it happened to me I called the dr and he arranged for a private scan. Going by your name can I presume you are based in or around Oxford (me too). JR won't accept walk ins for EPU although you could go to A&E and that might work.

I know exactly what you are going through. When I went to the Dr he arranged for a private scan so I could get checked out quicker.

Good luck!!! Hopefully it's the normal bleed some women get.

OxfordLily Thu 29-Sep-16 11:25:00

Thank you blocstar4. Yes I'm in Oxford. I have just rang dr for appointment. Hopefully will find out soon. Thanks. X

Blocksta74 Thu 29-Sep-16 11:33:55

Oh good luck!!! Keep me posted how you get on. Thinking of you! X

OxfordLily Thu 29-Sep-16 15:57:34

Unfortunately been told it's most likely I have miscarried. Too early for a scan so must wait 2 weeks to do a pregnancy test again. 😓

sonlypuppyfat Thu 29-Sep-16 15:59:08

I'm so sorry flowers

Blocksta74 Thu 29-Sep-16 16:15:17

I'm so sorry. I know what you are going through. I have a scan on Monday at JR's EPU and it is to say whether baby had a heartbeat or not.

Are you still bleeding? Can you be signed off work for a bit? Rest up and try not to do too much. My bleed eased when I did this.

Go for a private scan if you want reassurance...how far exactly are you? They might not see much at the moment though but I went at 5 weeks and they saw a gestation sac.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now