Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What did you want when you came home?

(72 Posts)
salemtheteenagecat Wed 28-Sep-16 17:52:58

Just been thinking about hospital bags etc.. and my DP has asked what I would like when I come home?

It took me a while to work out what he meant but when chatting about it I said I would love to come home to new PJ's, dressing gown and slippers(dark nights have set in, want to be cosy, de hospitalise)

Thought maybe a new lush bath bomb - is this a good idea after giving birth??

My fave meal all ready to go? favourite snacks?

What would you like? or what did you have that was ultimately the best thing ever - I fully understand that baby will be No1 smile

Runningupthathill82 Wed 28-Sep-16 17:54:39

Prosecco and pyjamas. I had both ready and waiting, both times.

90sChild Wed 28-Sep-16 17:54:46

Home,bath,new cosy pjs and a Chinese plus my own bed..was bliss!!

FurryGiraffe Wed 28-Sep-16 18:01:56

Lush bath bomb probably a bad idea I'm afraid. I was told not to use anything except lavender oil while the stitches healed.

But yes to the PJs and wine (though go slow on the latter- your tolerance will have lowered and it's hideous dealing with a newborn when worse for wear!) The other thing I wanted was clean sheets on the bed. And vegetables- I was only in 24 hours with DS1 but I craved nutrients by the time I left! My mum came round and cooked cauliflower cheese, which was heavenly.

lilydaisyrose Wed 28-Sep-16 18:06:09

Pate!

PotteringAlong Wed 28-Sep-16 18:07:58

Pate
Parma ham

My first lunch both times.

I'd step away from the bath bomb - too much bleeding, too much swelling for that to be enjoyable or advisable.

sleepyMe12 Wed 28-Sep-16 18:08:12

Decent tea and biscuits!

salemtheteenagecat Wed 28-Sep-16 18:09:30

I was very optimistic about the lush bath bomb smile But I had missed wine/prosecco off the list will be adding them to the list.

Fresh bed sheets yes that is a good idea. I am hoping that my DM or MIL might have to come n feed the cat and spruce up for coming home smile

ShatterResistant Wed 28-Sep-16 18:11:07

Haha, a friend of mine recently came home to literally 100 balloons all around the door and in the house. That is NOT what I would have wanted. Dressing gown, slippers, heating and spaghetti bolognese. That's what I had. Snuggly and perfect. Good luck!

TheLittleFoxes Wed 28-Sep-16 18:11:38

Tea tree oil or lavender bath oil for sore bits.

Lots of carbs - nice bread, etc.

Chocolates.

I'm not sure new PJs would be great if you are still bleeding heavily.

Lots of hearty home cooked meals in the freezer so not much cooking to do.

Good box sets for those long feeds.

ShatterResistant Wed 28-Sep-16 18:11:46

Oh, and a tidy house.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 28-Sep-16 18:12:02

A clean & tidy house, nice clean PJs and a Chinese takeaway.

ItchyFoot Wed 28-Sep-16 18:12:43

My sisters came round and hoovered and changed the cat litter while we were still in the hospital which was lovely. If you're planning on breastfeeding then some sort of cake or chocolate.

rosegold33 Wed 28-Sep-16 18:14:38

What a lovely thought from your DP.

I wanted fresh bed sheets and biscuits to have with tea

BreatheDeep Wed 28-Sep-16 18:17:05

I want crusty bread and pate this time. Pate is all I can think about.

HolidaayItWouldBeSoNice Wed 28-Sep-16 18:17:20

Dark chocolate hobnobs. About a thousand packets.

CocoLoco87 Wed 28-Sep-16 18:17:30

Clean and tidy house! And something nice to drink, even if it's not wine. Nice juices or smoothies.

SquedgieBeckenheim Wed 28-Sep-16 18:18:06

I had a whole day of banned foods - dippy eggs (this was a couple years ago) for breakfast, pate for lunch, rare steak and wine for dinner.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Wed 28-Sep-16 18:20:38

A Chinese takeaway was all I wanted but to be honest the best thing was curling up in my own bed with my tiny newborn

MrsDallowaySaid Wed 28-Sep-16 18:25:42

Pate and red wine here too. Only 11 weeks with baby 2 and fantasising about that pate already..

Lules Wed 28-Sep-16 18:26:44

All the food. Went bloody ages in labour without eating and then the food in the hospital was small portions and not very nice

AmserGwin Wed 28-Sep-16 18:27:19

Clean sheets, a tidy house and a nice meal or takeaway would be lovely. I actually came home to a dog that had just rolled in fox shit - my sister washed her though, was stinking!

rhiaaaaaaaannon Wed 28-Sep-16 18:28:31

A tidy house would be top of my list.
Fresh bedding, my bedroom fully aired.

Amanda89x Wed 28-Sep-16 18:31:14

A tidy house! DH hadn't even washed a single mug or put away the washing.

StrawberrytallCake Wed 28-Sep-16 18:32:44

Yy to clean bedding & fluffy towels, lots of pillows to prop yourself up depending on stitches/pain/baby needing to sleep on you.

New pyjamas & fluffy robe
Lots of big black pants
A nice candle
Fresh food
Lots and lots of water - I wanted to want wine both times but after being in hospital and birth I just wanted to rehydrate.

You can get some lovely oils now for post birth baths but definitely not from lush!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now