Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Private consultant in London

(8 Posts)
MissyLP Wed 28-Sep-16 16:35:40

Hi, could anyone please recommend a consultant in London that works in the Portland Hospital? I'm 8.5 weeks pregnant and looking for a consultant for my pregnancy. The Portland has over 70 consultants on their list so it's very hard to chose one of them! An acquaintance recommended Shazia Malik - but I'm not sure as I've heard female consultants can be quite cold and inconsiderate? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Iwantawhippet Wed 28-Sep-16 16:37:32

Clare Mellon. Brilliant lady. Very warm and great at communicating. Took time to understand what I wanted.

MrsNuckyThompson Wed 28-Sep-16 16:38:39

Nothing like a bit of casual sexism thrown in. Jeez - as if these women haven't done enough to get to the top of their field!!

Disastronaut Wed 28-Sep-16 16:42:43

Chrissie Yu, works at the Portland & Lindo Wing. Very, very reassuring and attentive. I called her mobile at midnight on a Saturday night and she answered on the second ring!

FWIW I specifically looked for a female consultant and I'm glad I had one

MissyLP Wed 28-Sep-16 20:13:33

Thanks for the recommendations they're really helpful. Will check both of these out.

Also not sexism - just an opinion from a few friends who have had female consultants. I also can't find any recommendations on Dr Malik which I found a little strange.

sunburst Wed 12-Oct-16 13:25:26

Hi - coming to this a bit late, but hope it helps! Dr Malik delivered a friend who raves about her- especially her warmth, accessibility and competence. And my friend asked for recommendations from midwives at the Portland, who see all the consultants in action. Apparently she has young kids, so hasn't done private practice as long as some of the others. Anyway I googled her, and you can see plenty of reviews on a booking website.
Hope that helps xx

swaddleaholic Wed 12-Oct-16 19:58:59

Second for Claire Mellon. She's great, warm and highly competent

IramSaif2 Fri 14-Oct-16 16:04:50

Shazia is lovely, saw her recently and found her very professional. I don't think if she has moved to Princess Grace but I saw her at the Portland!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now