Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can someone help😕

(18 Posts)
Chicken123 Wed 28-Sep-16 09:41:39

So I came on here yesterday for help and support as I have been feeling "pregnant" for a couple weeks now...I was told to do a test which I did this morning. A Clearblue early result one. I did it in a rush as I had spinning at 6.45 so didn't completely wait for the results. I got back around 8am and I'm not sure if it's just me but I think there is an incredibly faint second line. I'm not sure if I should test again in a couple of day?

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Wed 28-Sep-16 09:44:29

There's definitely a second line there but I think you're supposed to disregard results after 10 minutes.

I'd do another later just to be sure.

SolomanDaisy Wed 28-Sep-16 09:47:00

It looks like an evaporation line, there's no colour to it. If you were pregnant enough to be feeling it for a couple of weeks, you'd probably see a strong line. But you need to test again, and follow the instructions, to be sure.

Chicken123 Wed 28-Sep-16 09:47:22

Okay....it's panicked me a lot so I will make sure I do another later or tomorrow. I just don't understand what else it could be other than pregnancy. I have most if not all the symptoms...the past few nights I've been having really vivid dreams which wake me up...and I feel constantly uneasy and sick. It's so bizarre for me

Becciilouisex3 Wed 28-Sep-16 10:30:10

Take another test but get a pink dye one like. a first response or even an own brand cheapie. Sounds silly but they are actually more sensitive than clearblue smile

Also definitely watch the test next time haha! Just because they do tell you to disregard any line that may appear after a 10-15 minute window. If it appears within the time frame and then darkens afterwards that's fine it's still a positive.

Good luck! flowers

Chicken123 Wed 28-Sep-16 11:08:11

Okay so I've just done another one. It was a first response but with blue dye again. It was an electronic one which says "not pregnant" but when ejecting the test there's a darker faint second line. I'm so confused x

Chicken123 Wed 28-Sep-16 11:08:59

Or am I seeing things?

haveacupoftea Wed 28-Sep-16 11:11:37

I can't really see anything and wouldn't know how to read a digital test. You need to get a First Response Early Result - pink dye one.

lonzo82 Wed 28-Sep-16 11:12:27

I agree with a PP get a cheaper one I had a line show on an unbranded one sooner than any other. To me it looks like a faint line...good luck

Scarydinosaurs Wed 28-Sep-16 11:18:27

I felt pregnant weeks before I got a positive test.

I used cheap Poundland tests, I got a + the day I was due, but none before.

Seekingmiracles Wed 28-Sep-16 11:20:04

How late is your period? I'd have thought that if you were pregnant and actually late you'd have a definite line of some description. I can't see anything on either test I'm afraid.
It could just be that you're too early.
Agree pink dye tests are better.

PurpleDaisies Wed 28-Sep-16 11:21:14

I've felt pregnant many many times without actually being pregnant.

When is your period due?

Chicken123 Wed 28-Sep-16 11:27:01

Okay. I'm not hoping to be pregnant as I feel I'm not at that stage in my life yet. But I just wanted to double check as have been feeling very grotty and under the weather.

I haven't had a cycle for over 4 years now so I couldn't tell you. These posts were all because I've been taking my mini pill and different times and recently missed one for 12 hours. Never used any forum as such for anything so thought I'd give it a go.
Thank you for your help ladies x

gingerbreadmanm Wed 28-Sep-16 11:40:25

it looks positive to me (apart from the digital) i would hold ur wee for a couple of hours and go and get some pink dye tests preferbbly that say sensitive on them or pick up 10mlu or 15mlu sensitivity if you want to know for sure.

PurpleDaisies Wed 28-Sep-16 11:44:21

From your other thread, your missed pill was on Monday so you're in the window for emergency contraception. Unless you were already pregnant it's far to early for symptoms.

Oysterbabe Wed 28-Sep-16 12:45:01

The digital tests aren't very sensitive at all. Get a pink dye test, superdrug own brand is good. The first test looks positive to me.

Oysterbabe Wed 28-Sep-16 12:48:43

Sorry I've just seen your other thread and that you had sex on Monday. There is not a test in the world that could detect pregnancy that early. You need to wait 2 weeks after sex. If the tests are indeed positive then you were already pregnant, as pp says.

ScandiManny Wed 28-Sep-16 16:00:45

Agree with Oysterbabe and others.

It's impossible for a test to detect a pregnancy 2 days after sex. The egg wouldn't even be in you womb yet, if conception had occurred it would still be traveling down your Fallopian tube.

The lines on digital tests don't mean anything either. They work differently to standard tests and always have 2 lines.

You'd be best testing again in 2 weeks. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now