Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Telling my parents

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MrsB44 Tue 27-Sep-16 16:44:44

I'm really worried about telling my parents I'm pregnant.
I'm 26 and we have our own house and both work so on paper everything is great. The only issue I have is that my mum and dad are really traditional and would have expected us to be married before we have our little ones. Which leads me on to my next issue, we've just booked our wedding! My parents have kindly agreed to pay for our venue. Baby will be here 6months before the wedding but I'm worried that if my parents don't take the news well they will pull out of supporting the wedding. I'm not fussed about this because it is a really special thing for them to do for us but if they do that they'll lose the £3000 deposit and I'd feel so guilty.
Also my grandad has just passed away so my dad is really upset and stressed, should I leave it a while to let him heal?
This baby is a little bit of a unexpected surprise!
Can anyone offer any advice to a really mixed up hormonal woman?

BITCAT Wed 28-Sep-16 09:57:37

I think whatever you are comfortable with but parents do have a knack of working things out. I mean you won't be able to keep it a secret for long. I'm sure they will be happy for you and thrilled to be having a grandchild.

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 02-Oct-16 20:52:11

Hi MrsB44,

Hope you're starting to get your head round things. Would you like us to move your post to Pregnancy as you'll definitely find some great advice there. Just let us know and we'll be happy to switch it across for you flowers

MrsB44 Sun 02-Oct-16 21:21:14

I told my parents today and they are absolutely delighted!
They said it was just the news we needed as a family! What a relief!

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 02-Oct-16 21:49:29

That's fantastic news! We're so pleased for you flowers

We've switched your post across to Pregnancy so you can chat to other expectant Mums.

Goodluck

BITCAT Sun 02-Oct-16 21:49:43

Very pleased for you MrsB44.

thecatsarecrazy Mon 03-Oct-16 09:11:03

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now