Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Angel sounds Doppler

(6 Posts)
jwww Tue 27-Sep-16 16:29:41

I bought a second hand angel sounds Doppler on eBay and am wondering if any one has had experience with them? It hasn't arrived and was a spur of the moment buy.
I bought it hopefully for peace of mind although if it doesn't work I won't be too disheartened as I've heard they can be difficult to use at home.
My midwife offered to have a listen when I was 14 weeks but she said she may not pick anything up till 16 weeks so I declined. I'm 16 weeks today and will be 17 when it arrives, assuming it all works ok!
Just wondering what people's experiences are with them (this brand or any other)

Jenjen85 Tue 27-Sep-16 17:02:37

I have this make/model and used it from around 16weeks with DC1 and around 12weeks with DC2 i never used it for reassurance only for DH to listen. I found it relatively easy to find babys heartbeat.

There will be plenty of people on here who say dont use one but for occasional use i dont see a problem. If you think babies movements have changed (when further along) speak to your midwife dont use the doppler always get checked out.

You will need gel to listen in but you xan get this off ebay/amazon cheap

Kariana Wed 28-Sep-16 13:29:38

I have one. Normal moisturiser or even water work, there's no need to buy the gel.

Slave2thecat Wed 28-Sep-16 13:32:08

I have one, always really struggle to find baby's heart beat rather than my own. To be honest I really regret buying it - it's so stressful when I can't make it work and hear my baby.

LynseyH Wed 28-Sep-16 16:04:32

I have this one and think it's worked really well for me.
It was a reassurance thing after 2 mc and although I can now feel movement, it's still not regular so I like to just listen in for a few minutes before I go to sleep.
They do work well and clearly. If you haven't used one previously, I'd suggest going on YouTube and listening to the difference between the placenta noise and the heartbeats (your and babies).

Desmondo2016 Wed 28-Sep-16 21:13:01

i had this and found the hb easy from 10+6 and then regularly until I could feel movement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now