Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Midwifery-led care at Kensington Wing

(4 Posts)
FirstBaby123 Tue 27-Sep-16 08:06:46

Hello
I've been scouring the web for reviews of the midwifery-led private maternity unit in the Kensington Wing of Chelsea and Westminster and struggling to find anything up to date.
Luckily my health insurance through work will cover the cost hence I'm thinking of using it rather than the NHS.
Does anyone have any experiences they can share with me please?
Thanks!

PotteringAlong Tue 27-Sep-16 08:10:10

I don't, but I'd check what happens in an emergency - where do you transfer to? Will your insurance cover nicu/c-sec etc if needed? If not, can you swap into nhs care at that point or would you need to fund it?

DollyBarton Tue 27-Sep-16 08:14:29

I had bad experiences of Chelsea Westminster on the NHS so not the kensington Wing exactly. But the interference of the consultant and registrar (who would also be working in the private part of the hospital) led to foreceps delivery against the midwifes obvious disagreement, registrar treating me like a piece of meat as she pulled the forceps during contractions a number of times and finally I somehow managed to leave the hospital with a UTI and MRSA. My midwife was great and was very upset about all that happened in the delivery (consultant and registrar wandering in and out of the room, turning on lights, talking over me, repeatedly putting my legs in stirrups and then wandering off again for ages, and telling me to push when my epidural had been topped up 5mins earlier).

FirstBaby123 Tue 04-Oct-16 09:15:28

Thank you both for your input!
And sorry to hear about your experience DollyBarton

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now