Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

name spelt wrong on Matb1 is this an issue?

(2 Posts)
thecatsarecrazy Tue 27-Sep-16 08:03:03

I asked my m.w for my matb1 because work have been asking for it. I'm 22 weeks but don't see her again until end of next month. Got dh to pick it up and my name is scrawled on it but looks like 1 M my name has 2 and an I where an E should be.

Becciilouisex3 Tue 27-Sep-16 09:20:09

Your employer will need it and you may need to send it off to claim your SMP too (I'm not entirely sure as I'm only eligible for MA but I had to send it for that).

So I would definitely ask for another one. Explain to the receptionist that your name is spelled wrong and you need it correct so you can claim your pay etc. They should be able to pass that onto the midwife and she can write you one out and leave it at the surgery for you to pick up from reception rather than you waiting until your next appointment smile

That being said, the earliest you can send off for maternity pay is 26 weeks pregnant anyway so if you're seeing her then or near then you won't be in pickle if you have to wait flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now