Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

People touching your bump!

(10 Posts)
raviolidreaming Mon 26-Sep-16 14:42:54

What do you say to people who touch your bump without asking and without being welcome to? I hate it; it makes me feel really uncomfortable but I just clam up and say nothing for fear of looking rude!

bobcat85 Mon 26-Sep-16 14:46:45

Know exactly what you mean, I hate it too but never know how to make it clear that I hate it.
Sorry, not a solution but feel the same as you.

raviolidreaming Mon 26-Sep-16 14:50:17

We need to get badges made or something!

CeeCeeEnnEss Mon 26-Sep-16 15:07:50

I'm rude. I just move their hands away with a stern 'that's enough, thank you' and a frosty face, or I say 'NO' if I see hands coming towards me.

AudreyBradshaw Mon 26-Sep-16 15:39:51

Look then straight in the eye and whisper "that's not the baby you're stroking, that's my dinner" or causally stroke their tummy/boob/ ball sack when they do it to you, that would hopefully intonate that you find it inappropriate.

I'll be honest, in the interest of full disclosure bump patting/stroking doesn't really bother me personally. Hugging though, that I've found awkward! Weird!

Dlah Mon 26-Sep-16 16:22:28

My friend resulted in a tshirt which says "hands off the bump"! Might be worth investing in a couple

raviolidreaming Mon 26-Sep-16 16:26:27

Look then straight in the eye and whisper "that's not the baby you're stroking, that's my dinner"

I think this is why is bugs me! Baby is so low that they're definitely just manhandling my internal organs!

If I can't get a tshirt or a badge, I'm definitely going to just toughen up!

raviolidreaming Mon 26-Sep-16 16:27:42

Look then straight in the eye and whisper "that's not the baby you're stroking, that's my dinner"

Exactly this! Baby is so low, they're never anywhere near him!

In the absence of a badge or t-shirt, I'm going to have to toughen up and get quicker reflexes!

raviolidreaming Mon 26-Sep-16 16:28:15

Oops! First one looked like it hadn't posted.

KayTee87 Mon 26-Sep-16 16:51:25

I hated this - never found a way to tell people to stop. Mil was the worst for it, used to make me so uncomfortable that I avoided seeing her. If there's a next time then I will be a lot stronger from the start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now