Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mad cramps early pregnancy

(10 Posts)
emilyjaynee Sun 25-Sep-16 21:14:17

I'm about 4 weeks pregnant and I keep getting awful cramps sad
With my first baby I can't remember this feeling! I keep feeling so bloated and cramps!
I'm even scared to have sex just in case the worse happens sad
Any advice or words of wisdom?

Aeroflotgirl Sun 25-Sep-16 21:15:29

Hi are you bleeding? Do the cramps feel like bad period pain?

emilyjaynee Sun 25-Sep-16 21:18:41

No I'm not bleeding but I am having bad cramps sad I don't even like yo think about it sad

emilyjaynee Sun 25-Sep-16 21:19:29

I don't even like to think about it*

Bethany0903 Mon 26-Sep-16 07:59:32

I had the exact same and now I'm 7 weeks they have calmed down a lot I didn't have sex until last week when they calmed down and everything was fine, cramping is completely normal but if your in really bad pain with it ring your gp x

Oysterbabe Mon 26-Sep-16 08:01:51

I had these all the time in the early weeks. It's completely normal flowers

Chinnygirl Mon 26-Sep-16 08:09:38

I couldn't sleep one night because they were so bad. I was convinced it was a miscarriage or something bad. Nothing of the sort of course. Sometimes it happens, it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Try to relax because that helps a little. You can take a paracetamol if it gets too much or wreaks havoc with your sleep.

And congratulations!

MonkeyGoneToHeaven Mon 26-Sep-16 12:49:41

I had these and my midwife sent me for an early scan at the hospital for reassurance. Maybe see if you can get one? They were nothing to worry about in the end and DS is now 17 months old!

CuriosityDoor Mon 26-Sep-16 13:13:10

I had horrific cramps from week 4 up to week 6. I had to take some time off work and they woke me up, really horrible and so scary! I'm now 21 weeks and everything is fine. Try having warm baths in the evenings, I found that helped. It's all normal as far as I know (my sister had them as well) just really scary. Always best to get checked if you are worried though

freerangeeggs Mon 26-Sep-16 17:08:28

I had implantation pains at 6 weeks, and they were the first sign that I was pregnant.

At one point it hurt so much I vomited.

I'm now 34 weeks. Go see a doctor if you're worried but hopefully it's normal smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now