Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Teeth!?

(7 Posts)
BloomingB Sun 25-Sep-16 19:30:21

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their teeth/gums now they are into late pregnancy. I am now reluctant to eat anything with any crunch and worrying my teeth will fall out as my gums have swollen and moved back so much in the last week or so. Dentist said pregnancy gingivitis and continue with good dental hygiene etc and to wait until baby has appeared and go back if normality hadn't resumed but I'm so worried that it won't go back to normal! Overdue already and thinking baby is draining all my nutrients. Any experience in this and whether things did just go back to normal afterwards would be appreciated smile

Dlah Sun 25-Sep-16 19:43:53

I had a filling come out last September - repaired and fine, by the dentist I've had over 20 years and whose done me enough fillings before - all of which are stable and still in over 10 years later . .

Queue pregnancy and now that same filling has come out 6! Yes 6!! Times! Confident it's down to baby taking all goodness/calcium and leaving it week, due in 4 weeks and booked in for a major redo when she's here to hopefully sort it once and for all!

I hate teeth! Lol

Dlah Sun 25-Sep-16 19:44:26

I had a filling come out last September - repaired and fine, by the dentist I've had over 20 years and whose done me enough fillings before - all of which are stable and still in over 10 years later . .

Queue pregnancy and now that same filling has come out 6! Yes 6!! Times! Confident it's down to baby taking all goodness/calcium and leaving it week, due in 4 weeks and booked in for a major redo when she's here to hopefully sort it once and for all!

I hate teeth! Lol

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 25-Sep-16 19:45:37

Yep - I had no problems with my teeth... Then have been pregnant or breastfeeding almost solidly since 2011. I've had two enormous fillings in that time!

EMS23 Sun 25-Sep-16 20:10:24

It's why you get free dental for 12 months postnatal. Both my mum and I experienced issues with our teeth in pregnancy.
I had to have my only ever root canal in my 2nd pregnancy and my front two teeth developed a black line across them which completely disappeared after 6 months.

Melonb123 Fri 30-Sep-16 20:21:54

Im feeling you with this. Especially in my first trimester it was like a bloodbath everytime I brushed my teeth lol. Now back into the third and its starting again 😷 I feel like my teeth are gonna fall out even though I brush and floss every other day! It's a struggle but hopefully will go back to normal when shes here!!! X

Melonb123 Fri 30-Sep-16 20:22:38

I brush everyday obviously lol i mean flossing ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now