Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Irrational Annoyance?

(5 Posts)
DarkLightMamma Sun 25-Sep-16 19:21:52

The father of my baby and I aren't together and have never been a couple. I don't know if it's my hormones but right now everything he seems to do annoys and irritates me. For example, today we went to pick up some chairs from my grandparents who live an hour and a half away. They won't take any money so I took them out for lunch and paid for them, and the baby daddy to say thank you for taking me and getting the chairs. A few weeks ago when I organised this with him he said to me that he would allocate today solely for me, but when he picked me up he said he had arranged to do a job (he's a self employed sparky) for someone around 6pm and he had to get back. Then while we were out he called them and arranged to be there at 5pm. So during lunch while I was talking to my grandma he leaned over and told me that we had to leave as soon as we got back to their house so he could be back, which upset my grandma because we don't get to see each other very often.
He's been frustrating me recently because he has social anxiety and we went away with some of my friends and instead of going to his room to calm down he decided to leave and then send me a message after he'd gone. He also tried to get a door open (which was locked by security) so he could go and have a smoke on the balcony, and then insisted he stick his head out of the window if he couldn't smoke in the room. I keep asking him about his E-Cig and he got quite snappy with me telling me I can't make him stop smoking it has to be his choice (he smokes like a chimney!) to which I snapped back at him that I wasn't trying to get him to stop, I was trying to help him ease his nicotine craving. He is always doing roll ups on whatever surface he's near. And he's 11 years older than me and cannot put his phone down! If it beeps he picks it up and checks it immediately, even during lunch earlier!
Is the level of annoyance my hormones or am I right to be peed off?

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 25-Sep-16 19:24:39

As you aren't a couple you really have no say in how he lives his life.
When the baby arrives smoking around it is obviously your concern tho.

DarkLightMamma Sun 25-Sep-16 19:35:15

But I'm not trying to tell him how to live his life. I'm asking if my annoyance with him is hormonal or if I'm right to be annoyed with him. For example saying today he would allocate just to help me out then rushing me out because he'd decided to do something else. I have to give other examples as to why else I'm annoyed otherwise it sounds petty.

BoBo90 Sun 25-Sep-16 21:35:53

Could be hormonal but as above poster said If you aren't in a relationship you don't have the right to be annoyed at him for the way he acts. Also if I was helping someone collect some chairs I wouldn't want to hang around all day with their grandma. The lunch was a nice gesture but if he has a job he wants to get to then that's fair enough imho
Just try not to think about it too much and maybe make another date to see you gran and make your own way there so you can stay as long as you like 😊

LynseyH Mon 26-Sep-16 18:07:32

Hormones are a bugger for making you more irritable.
Ignoring the fact your not together (it's kind of irrelevant as your only asking if your hormones are to blame).
I can imagine it'd be annoying whether your a couple or not but hormones will definitely make things worse!
I couldn't bare anyone to be near me in the earlier stages of this pregnancy. Even my children breathing on me annoyed me!
Thankfully it does pass.
Even though you aren't a couple, it sounds like he's quite helpful but as he's self employed, I guess he has to take work where he can so try not to let that get to you too much flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now