Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramps?

(3 Posts)
Dlah Sun 25-Sep-16 13:15:05

I'm 35+4 today.

Prior to getting pregnant, I've been very lucky in my 16 years of periods that I've never really suffered with period pain/cramps.

This past week I've started getting some. I was woken at 1am the other night with what felt like a continuous uncomfortable cramp for about 25 mins (had to breathe through it at one point) and I did sit and wonder 'is this it?!!' (FTM - nothing to compare to lol)

I'm now sat here and I've got that dull, throbby period ache come on.

Is it just the usual 'it's baby/body getting ready or moving' or could this be an sign of something to come?

Baz13 Sun 25-Sep-16 15:30:29

Didn't want to read and run-
i'm 35 weeks and have been getting period like crampy pains along with backache for the last couple of days,loose stools along with more braxton hicks.
This is my 3rd baby; I had an emergency c-section with my first, with my second child I was induced, so can't really say whether it will be the start of anything as I also have nothing to compare the beginning of natural labour to. I believe it's my body's way of preparing and getting ready for the birth.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy smile

Dlah Sun 25-Sep-16 16:21:58

Thanks Baz, you too! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now