Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chicco Next2me cot

(14 Posts)
needahugbug Sun 25-Sep-16 10:45:13

Good morning everyone,
I have just brought a chicco next2me cot however I have absolutely no idea what bedding I need to buy. Do I buy a little duvet thing? Or do I tuck the baby in under a blanket or a sheet? I'I've literally no idea. The baby is due November so I don't want the poor little thing shivering and being cold

FrazzleM Sun 25-Sep-16 10:51:58

Congratulations!

I'd buying some cellular blankets. These are recommended for babies. You could swaddle your LO in one and put another on top.

Once they are a little older, you could switch to grobags.

Duvets aren't recommended for babies.

Tumtitum Sun 25-Sep-16 11:03:23

Grobag! We found a teeny tiny one to fit DD when she was born. She's never liked being swaddled because I'm crap at it but lots of mums swear by it!

mrsbee2be Sun 25-Sep-16 18:39:12

Can I jump in here? I'm baffled on sheet size for mine, what fitted sheets do I buy? other then chiccos own over priced ones.

Karlakitten1 Sun 25-Sep-16 18:45:34

There are sheets on amazon that are not chicco ones, but specially made for them. Also, we used a sleep bag for DD and she was a November baby. I also had a cellular blanket if it was really nippy.

welshweasel Sun 25-Sep-16 18:50:08

Sheet and grobag.

Allpilein Sun 25-Sep-16 19:57:01

Hi. For sheets, buy cotbed sheets and just tuck them under. Then you can use them on the cotbed when they're older. We did this and it worked fine. Did it with the waterproof sheets too

Unfortunately, we sold our chicco bedside cot and then I fell pregnant sad.

ConvincingLiar Sun 25-Sep-16 20:02:05

I'd suggest having 3-4 sheets for a baby and 2-3 sleeping bags. They come in different togs for different seasons. Grobags are nice but pricey, supermarkets do their own much cheaper. Cellular blankets are appropriate when they're new or you can get fancy swaddle wraps that your baby will love/hate.

loveulotslikejellytots Sun 25-Sep-16 20:12:54

The mothercare fitted crib sheets fit perfectly. A lot cheaper than the Chico ones and less frustrating than flat sheets. We used a couple of blankets on dd then a sleeping bag when she was big enough. Just check the weight limit on sleeping bags though, I think it's 8 lbs.

loveulotslikejellytots Sun 25-Sep-16 20:14:05

Yes, get 3 or 4 bottom sheets. And stick a muslin under babies head to catch sicky dribble!

Nevlet Mon 26-Sep-16 03:54:49

We have one of these and all good suggestions here!

My LO wouldn't settle in the chicco I think because of its size he was tiny in it so we have a sleepy head inside the chicco for him- just a heads up in case other people find baby a bit lost in them so start with!

frikadela01 Mon 26-Sep-16 09:33:35

Cellular blankets to swaddle until baby got wriggly and worked out how to kick them off at around 8ish weeks. Now he's in a sleeping bag from IKEA. I got the fitted sheets from Amazon that are designed for the crib but not made by Chico so are cheaper.

frikadela01 Mon 26-Sep-16 09:35:25

I also recommend getting a gro egg. It changes colour depending on the temperature of the room so you can judge what clothes/blankets to use. I was really surprised how hot the room gets when we are all on it.

Heatherbell1978 Mon 26-Sep-16 15:32:32

I bought a Next To Me for DS1 and now pregnant with #2. Chicco didn't do the sheets then so I bought John Lewis crib sheets which fitted perfectly. DS didn't settle great and we found the mattress quite hard so ended up buying the Sleepyhead which fitted the crib perfectly. I can't recommend it enough. We swaddled DS for first 6 weeks or so then switched sleeping bags. Honestly they're so much easier. He's now 2 and still in one. You'll need a couple of 2.5 tog bags at least (then 1/1.5 tog for summer). I can get away with 2 now as DS doesn't dribble/vomit/poo etc on them now but when he was tiny I had 3 or 4. I had some Grobags which are the more expensive but any brand is fine. Mothercare do good well priced ones as do IKEA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now