Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Need reassurance

(9 Posts)
Lemonwhacker Thu 15-Sep-16 21:14:02

I've just found out I'm pregnant!
I didn't think it would happen this quick as I had cysts on my ovaries a few years ago which required an operation. Just to clarify it took two attempts.
According to my due date I'm approximately 5 weeks along already and I'm having loads of symptoms;
I've had tender breasts for over 1 week, along with a dull period ache feeling, with the odd sharp twinge mainly on the right side of my pelvic area, sneezing non stop, getting up in the middle of the night to pee (Never ever had that before, now it's every night.) I also feel nauseous, and have been for the past 5 days. I'm also completely exhausted is this normal?
I don't want to panic but I haven't seen a midwife yet I'm waiting for a call. I want to request a quick scan to make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy would that be unreasonable of me? The scan would stop me worrying.

Tell me politely if I'm over reacting and over thinking. I'm just a bag of nerves at the moment.

elephantoverthehill Thu 15-Sep-16 21:18:58

I am sure it will all be fine. Of course you are worried and excited and everything else at the same time. The midwives I've met have been lovely, calm and supportive. Be honest to them about how you are feeling and they will answer your questions. Congratulations. cake

LuchiMangsho Thu 15-Sep-16 21:19:37

It's fine- worry is normal.
Take your folic acid and vitamins if you aren't. And you can get a private scan after 6 weeks.
You can contact your GP and start the process of being referred to the NHS.

Dazedandconfusedtoomuchpeppa Thu 15-Sep-16 21:19:37

This is sounds completely normal. I found the first few weeks painful with lots of cramping. Obviously no one can confirm whether it's ectopic without scan but everything you've described sounds very normal.

Lemonwhacker Thu 15-Sep-16 21:29:21

Thanks all, I'm glad to know I'm not going out of my mind. I've already started the process so hopefully they will be in touch soon, I just want to make sure everything is okay. I've been taking folic acid for the past 3 months and eating a super healthy diet.
I'll wait to speak to the midwife I don't like wasting NHS time and funding, but at the same time my baby is super important.

flumpybear Thu 15-Sep-16 21:30:59

Congratulations!! Very normal!!

Oysterbabe Thu 15-Sep-16 21:38:02

It's unlikely they'll scan you unless they have reason to think something may be wrong. You can pay for a private scan however.

Lemonwhacker Fri 16-Sep-16 06:38:23

Thanks clumpy, and Oyster I'll keep that in mind. At the moment I just feel like I've ballooned internally. 😂

Lemonwhacker Fri 16-Sep-16 06:38:54

Flumpy* stupid phone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now