Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Slow Fetal Heart Rate at 6 Week Scan

(5 Posts)
mommathatwearspink Thu 15-Sep-16 15:59:32

I was referred to EPU by my midwife after some very light bleeding very early on. I had my scan this morning and baby was in the right place, as was everything else, baby measured 6w 3d which is about right. There was some blood there but sonography said she could tell it was old and probably due to implantation. We saw a heartbeat, however she said that it was a little slower than she'd like. When she looked again a few minutes later she said it was now quicker but wanted to re-scan me in 2 week to see how we had progressed. I'm absolutely terrified. Has anyone else had an similar experiences that they can share with me please?

NovemberInDailyFailLand Thu 15-Sep-16 16:24:45

Exactly the same. Bleeding, slow faint hb at 6 weeks.

Now a 36 weeker kicking the heck out of my ribs!

mommathatwearspink Thu 15-Sep-16 18:22:07

Thank you November
Did they re-scan you?

NovemberInDailyFailLand Thu 15-Sep-16 21:00:11

Indeed they did, at 8 weeks. All good.

BagelDog Thu 15-Sep-16 21:09:06

I have early scans because of a previous ectopic, last time I had three scans, first showed a sac the right size but no heartbeat as prob too early, second did have a heartbeat but only 85bpm which is very very slow. Was given a very serious chat about how this was likely a failing pregnancy, but at scan a week later all was well. He is now eight months old.

It is unusual but sometimes you catch them just after the heart has started beating when they are not at full pace, probably a window of a few hours, but it does happen.

Hope all goes well for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now