Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Have any of your bfps been stronger than the others

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

YourNewspaperIsShit Thu 15-Sep-16 10:56:43

So say for example you're 4 days before AF with both/any pregnancies and pregnancy1 showed as a dark strong line but pregnancy2 is so faint it doesn't even register on a digital?

Does that mean bad news for the second one or are there are always different levels of hcg per pregnancy?

YourNewspaperIsShit Thu 15-Sep-16 10:57:44

Sorry my phone refreshed so this is a duplicate thread

Rubberduck2 Thu 15-Sep-16 11:01:52

Right - line expert here...

3 miscarriages, 1 ectopic, currently 30 weeks all since June last year.

The answer really is no. This one started off very faint and didn't get anywhere near as dark as I would like - yet here I am well upduffed.

My ectopic darkened quickly and was far darker than this one.

The 3 mc were all quite light lines - just like this one - but they never got darker really.

The only true way to know what's going on is blood tests every 48 hours however unless you have reason to suspect it's not a stickie it's very unlikely the gp will do it for you. Unless of course, you have a history which would warrant it.

I have pissed on more sticks than your average same person, and there is no rhyme or reason to them. Obviously darker is good as strong hcg but ultimately that doesn't mean anything. If it's meant to be it's meant to be!! flowers

Rubberduck2 Thu 15-Sep-16 11:04:50

Also digi's need a certain amount of hcg (think is 25) to register as pregnant so I would say at 4 days early you are best with a FRER and testing on a digi when AF due. Personally I hate them - think they cause more harm than good as unreliable however it didn't stop me from peeing on them grin

SharkBastard Thu 15-Sep-16 11:08:15

First pregnancy had a dark line at 5+4

Second pregnancy had a very light line, digital test never moved from 2-3 even at 6 weeks...miscarried at 6+1

Third pregnancy had very light line, and like the second, the digital test never increased and lines never got darker...miscarried at 6+6.

Fourth pregnancy, immediate dark line 2 days before AF due. Nausea and sore boobs, didn't do digital tests this time due to the previous pregnancies. Currently sick as a dog and 8+4...still waiting to get excited

Every pregnancy is different but I knew my 2 miscarriages were due as the tests told me everything

fuzzywuzzy Thu 15-Sep-16 11:12:42

IME The lines should progressively get darker in the early days, if they don't or start getting lighter then for me they turned into chemical pregnancies all lost at sprung five/six weeks.

The first test is always very faint for me.

Have two DC four chemical pregnancies and a MMC (the MMC you couldn't tell was a loss from pregnancy tests).

Four days before AF sounds very early to have a very dark BFP, it's also dependant on when you ovulated, you could have ov'd later than previous pregnancy and therefore your body hasn't had a chance to release much HCG.

Good luck, wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Tollygunge Thu 15-Sep-16 11:16:16

I had a bfp day before period due. It was a strong line with first morning urine. Tested again 2 days later, still with fmu and v v faint line. Convinced I'd miscarried but pregnancy healthy and uncomplicated and boy now born!! They were same brand of tests as well.

abbinobb Thu 15-Sep-16 11:31:08

It means nothing this is why I used a digital because I was driving myself mad with the normal tests. This time around did one test, said 'pregnant' thought OK pregnant then and that was that.

Also could have ovulated not exactly when you think you did, or it took longer to travel down and implant etc etc. With this pregnancy I thought I'd conceived 5 days after I actually did confused
Could be the brand of test, the amount of dye, how dilute your wee was, or about a million other non worrying things.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Sep-16 15:22:29

Hi folks, as the OP said - this is a duplicate thread, so we are going to take this one down.

babynelly2010 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:45:38

First pregnancy very early definate line 6 days before af due, dd was born later.
Second pregnancy, no line until 13 dpo and early mc a week later.
Third pregnancy, got a clear line not too strong though, ds was born later.
This time, a very strong line on the day of af. Looks like pregnancy started with two sacs but now only one baby that we know.

Crystal15 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:59:54

First DS, no line till a week late and only tested once.

Second pregnancy faint line that got darker about 10dpo.

Last month I had a chemical pregnancy.positive on frer. Faint line on 24miu which gradually faded away and 3 days after due started to bleed.

Current pregnancy. 10dpo a pretty decent line. Was quite shocked at how dark. Still only 12dpo now so early days. Here's this mornings test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now