Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Talk to me about double buggies!

(14 Posts)
Fabulosososo Thu 15-Sep-16 10:45:36

Expecting DC2, DC1 is only 2 and we still use pushchair for day trips or nap times. So I guess I will need a double buggy. Does anyone have any recommendations? We live in a rural location and a lot of the paths and shops are not very wide. It's already hard enough to get in some shops with a single pushchair! So I guess a thin one would be good. I also don't want to spend a fortune.

Also I've seen some kids standing on a little ledge at the back of a single pram. I think it was a thing u attach to your pram. This could be good for shorter journeys. What are those called?

I suppose I could also try going out with one in the pram and the other on reins. Could be hard work though.

NapQueen Thu 15-Sep-16 10:47:54

Could you get a buggy board and a sling? So baby in the buggy til ds needs a nap then pop baby in he sling.

finova Thu 15-Sep-16 10:52:02

I had a baby jogger city mini double (side by side) and loved it. The city select looks like it might work for you (narrower).

KatamariDamacy Thu 15-Sep-16 10:54:37

I had a 2yr gap and managed fine with a sling, buggy board and single buggy. Worth a try - sling libraries are great for trying slings, and it's a lot cheaper than a double.

moonbabyandthebeast Thu 15-Sep-16 10:57:53

My DC1 was 2 years 3 months when DC2 was born and we didn't get a double buggy. We were very grateful for the buggy board we were given as its been brilliant for long days out. I know every 2 year old will be different with how far/long they are able to walk. I would just consider the expense against how long you may need it for a (second hand) buggy board is likely to be cheaper plus DC1 loves it and feels more grown up.

Paintedhandprints Thu 15-Sep-16 10:59:48

I'm using an ergo baby carrier. But 2yo ds is a very competent walker, if not the most well behaved. I have been procrastinating getting the mountain buggy duo or maclaren double. But dont think i need one now. Ds2 is 5mo.

Ingr Thu 15-Sep-16 11:02:10

My double buggy was a godsend. I chose a front-to-back one so you can fit through any gap. Those side-by-side models are a nightmare in the shops. Front-to-back ones are also easier to fit on buses.

Mol1628 Thu 15-Sep-16 11:03:19

I tried sling for the baby and toddler in the pram. I couldn't cope. He was just so 'spirited' I couldn't control him whilst also wearing a baby. I wish I had got a double straight away.
Also hated the buggy board. Can't reverse or manoeuvre pram with it well and my child loved to jump off in the middle of the road. Nightmare.
I would recommend the nipper 360, newer version as they are narrower than most side by sides.
The mountain buggy duet is even narrower but heavier.

LetsJunglyJumpToIt Thu 15-Sep-16 13:21:40

I've got a Phil and Teds and it really is brilliant. If you look at the Dot it's not as big as some models. It's really easy to push 'off road' so great if you live rurally and it goes through shop doorways as they sit front to back. I've also got a buggy board, and it's ok but if you're rural you'll struggle pushing it as it's a bumpy ride and doesn't steer.

Nottalotta Thu 15-Sep-16 14:33:48

Interested in this too as ds will be 18months when dc2 arrives. I have an out n about now which I live, concerned I won't fit the double in the car though.

I need something similar though as needs to go off road daily.

PinaColadas Thu 15-Sep-16 15:43:16

I've got a BuggyPod Perle and it's fantastic, attaches to a Lascal Maxi and that attaches to my existing travel system!
No good for off road because the buggy board wheels aren't very big but fine for paths that aren't wide

Nikki2ol6 Thu 15-Sep-16 16:53:16

Hi last time I got a ride on buggy board! This time I have bought the Jane twone which is a tandem and vert small X

Marshpillow Thu 15-Sep-16 16:57:03

I bought a second hand Phil n Teds from eBay for DD2's arrival in November, could try second hand if you don't want to commit to a few hundred quid incase you don't get on with it?

Fabulosososo Fri 16-Sep-16 08:35:49

Thanks everyone. Buggy board sounds like it's worth a try and maybe a second hand double buggy in case we don't use it much. I have a sling but DC1 was a bit love-hate with it so depends on whether baby takes to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now