Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan anxiety

(3 Posts)
Barefootcontessa84 Thu 15-Sep-16 07:48:46

I have my 12 week scan today - I'll be about 12+5. I know it's silly and the odds are in my favour, because I've already had 6 scans due to a clot (I have bled heavily many times since 6 weeks). The last scan was over a week ago and the reassurance fades fast, especially as i have had fresh bleeding this week. Everything looked ok at 11+3 (growth and hb) but of course today they'll look for any defects etc.

I'm so worried the baby will have died since last week, and if it hasn't, that I still won't be excited becasue my bleeding could continue and cause a late loss.

I don't really know what I'm asking - I'm just stressing out that I have made it this far, but I'll fall at this milestone sad

Boomies Thu 15-Sep-16 07:55:16

Hand holding! I didn't have one scan that I wasn't anxious about for various reasons most people don't have to stress about and wished I could just enjoy seeing our little one, at my last scan I had that feeling everyone else has, that 'gosh that's my baby, look at them!' so I'm wishing that for you today. Make sure you tell the sonographer you are feeling terrified so they can reasure you. X

Barefootcontessa84 Thu 15-Sep-16 09:28:33

Thanks Boomies wish I didn't have to wait till this afternoon...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now