Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bit worried - could this be my waters leaking?

(11 Posts)
Rubberduck2 Tue 13-Sep-16 03:10:04

29+4 today, 2 days ago started to get damp knickers a bit but wasn't overly concerned then yesterday it started getting a bit worse where I felt like I had to clutch on to myself as it felt like water was very slowly coming out.

Went to bed at 10 last night and just got up to use the bathroom and as soon as I sat down I could feel something coming so managed to get tissue down there to see what was going on and it was soaking. Doesn't smell, defo not urine.

Does this sound like potentially my waters are leaking? I will phone triage in the morning but am lay awake having a small stress over this.

If anybody is up and can help it would be appreciated!!!

NotWithoutMyMerkin Tue 13-Sep-16 03:23:45

It could be, please call your midwife

TanteRose Tue 13-Sep-16 03:24:37

yes, call now- just to get some advice.

Heirhelp Tue 13-Sep-16 03:36:24

Ring the labour ward now!

Heirhelp Tue 13-Sep-16 03:37:55

If needed they can check to see if it is your water and if necessary give you medication to stop labour.

Coughingchildren5 Tue 13-Sep-16 03:50:55

Yes it could be, keep a pad on to show them proof of the leaking you are experiencing and get yourself to the midwives.i had two prem babies from prem rupture of water membranes and the hardest bit was convincing them it was happening! Baby one stayed in for a few weeks after water went as it does top itself up so don't panic.

dodi1978 Tue 13-Sep-16 06:12:19

Hope you are ok, but please ring them now as it sounds likely! This is how it started for me, 4 weeks early!

TallulahTheTiger Tue 13-Sep-16 06:27:12

Please ring! I had similar, and although had what I felt was only a little back pain was actually 6cm dilated!!

Rubberduck2 Tue 13-Sep-16 08:28:03

Thank you all. I called them and they think it's unlikely to be my waters but it is possible so they have asked me to wear pads and update them hourly with a view to going in later this morning.

Heirhelp Tue 13-Sep-16 09:45:44

It is always best to get professional advice. You can contact a midwife 24/7 in my experience they are always happy to check everything is OK.

Bin85 Tue 13-Sep-16 09:53:51

Yes it could
Mine went at about 32 weeks at about 8am , went into a bit of denial , got GP appointment at 4pm , walked there v stupid
Local hospital about 6 , busy
Transferred in flashing ambulance to London hospital
Baby born 10pm
Please get checked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now