Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fucking hair removal

(13 Posts)
Elland Mon 12-Sep-16 21:20:34

Why does it have to be so god damn hard to do diy hair removal with a bloody bump angry

My first world problems are getting out of hand today chocolatechocolate

Rubberduck2 Mon 12-Sep-16 21:30:28

DP naired me last night.

It had to be done, I can't see my own pubes nor feet for that matter.

We have no boundaries left....

Laineymc7 Mon 12-Sep-16 21:32:25

If you wax just get someone to do it. That's what I have done at the later pregnancy stages.

Jenjen85 Mon 12-Sep-16 21:33:32

I used a mirror to shave and still missed loads blush DH had to tidy me up grin

Amalfimamma Mon 12-Sep-16 21:34:43

Get it done for you. I found waxing best so when pregnant treated myself to a session at the beauticians

I found that waxing also lasts longer in pregnancy so had to go only once every 6/7 weeks instead of my 3/4 weeks it's lasts normally

Elland Mon 12-Sep-16 21:40:13

I've never been waxed before, is it supposed to be more painful during pregnancy?

I just use veet although I've done a terrible job of it today, I swear I can see less and less of my body every day.

Laineymc7 Mon 12-Sep-16 21:53:21

If it's just a straight forward bikini line the you may be ok but I probably wouldn't start waxing in pregnancy when you have never had it done. I haven't found it more sensitive but then I've been doing it for years. Your could get your dp to help you like rubber duck did lol.

Elland Mon 12-Sep-16 22:10:17

I've just told him he's going to have to help me next time and his response was "absolutely not" grin I think a mirror might have to do!

God help him having to watch a baby come out of there if he can't even help me with a bit of cream grin

Amalfimamma Mon 12-Sep-16 22:16:10

I didn't find it more painful until I had the "pre labour complete and utter no hair down there wax"

It was worse than the EMCS I ended up having.

If you do want to start waxing in pregnancy I would go to someone who knows what they are doing and take some Metanium and Baby Power for afterwards, when you're getting dressed put on a little Metanium then talc and then your clothes so that it numbs the pain. There is also ELMA cream if you want to numb the area for waxing (safe to use in pregnancy)

sonlypuppyfat Mon 12-Sep-16 22:17:52

Why anyone would do anything with their body hair at any time is beyond me

fruityb Mon 12-Sep-16 22:19:35

I had a good trim after DS was born but really wasn't fussed while pregnant! I couldn't see it so didn't care lol.

Did anyone else get a hairy tummy?? Mine is still bad from it!

daisygirlmac Mon 12-Sep-16 22:19:55

I had a go with a razor two days ago and DH can't stop laughing at the mess I've made. Extremely glad neither of us can see the back area because I had to have a go there as well due to unaccountably starting to grow some kind of tail blush thanks hormones!

LookingOldBeforMyTime Mon 12-Sep-16 22:32:50

Perhaps it is natures way of telling you it is not a good idea --

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/more-women-think-shaving-pubic-hair-is-hygenic-despite-health-risks-a7110726.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now