Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

slow rising hcg

(3 Posts)
pissedoff2016 Mon 12-Sep-16 12:48:17

haven't had a period for 8 weeks,positive pregnany test,no pregnancy symptoms,went for a scan last week,they saw a sac but no yolk or fetal pole,had bloods taken every 48 hours,they are going up but not doubling,they say its not ectopic as there is a gestational sac in the right place,got to wait until Friday for another scan,in my heart I know there is no baby there,but all this waiting is making it harder to come to terms with it,has anyone else had this?when did your bleeding start?i haven't had any yet,i know this sounds awful but I just want it to happen so at least I know

OtterSpace Mon 12-Sep-16 14:42:12

I'm in the same position but it has been 4 weeks now! I had a scan mid Aug at 7 weeks as I had spotting and all symptoms had disappeared - they saw a sac but no yolk or pole. I've had constant light bleeding and cramping since then but it's been on and off, and more like a period (no clots). Second scan over a week ago showed sac growth and small yolk but no fetal pole still. My hcg was very high though. I have another scan tomorrow but not having regular bloods done (I think different NHS trusts have different policies).

I'm hoping that if scan tomorrow shows an nonviable pregnancy they will book me in for surgery as I have been in limbo for 4 weeks already!

Sorry not to be more helpful but wanted to send brew and flowers.

pissedoff2016 Thu 15-Sep-16 13:43:04

what happened with your scan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now