Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

travel insurance when pregnant

(6 Posts)
Emilyyyy Mon 12-Sep-16 03:54:04

This might be a silly question but, I'm going on a very last minute trip to Ireland (both north and south) and I am 21 weeks pregnant, no problems and haven't been advised not to travel by a doctor. Do I have to have special medical insurance because I'm pregnant or am I covered by standard medical insurance. All the sites I've been on haven't even give me an option to tell them I'm pregnant so I'm fairly confident normal insurance will cover me however I thought I'd check before I booked it.

Also can anyone recommend good travel insurance companies they have used in the past if you do need 'special' insurance?

Thanks in advance!flowers

elmo1980 Mon 12-Sep-16 07:17:23

I get travel insurance through my bank account and called them last week to inform them I will be traveling at 23 and 28 weeks and they didn't ask any questions, just said I need to ensure I follow the airlines rules on flying when pregnant and as long as I was I would be covered.

LittleBearPad Mon 12-Sep-16 07:18:54

You need to tell the insurer you're pregnant otherwise they may not cover you if you need attention whilst away.

pitterpatterrain Mon 12-Sep-16 07:22:23

One of the travel insurance I have finishes cover at 30 weeks. The other has no exclusions.
No indication from either that you need to tell them.

SpaceDinosaur Mon 12-Sep-16 07:33:14

I had a policy from before I conceived.
I called them to inform them that I was pregnant and like PP, I was told that as long as I wasn't travelling against medical advice and adhered to the airline's policies that I was fine. No increase in premium or anything.

That was a policy with the post office.

PeachBellini123 Mon 12-Sep-16 08:17:40

I didn't have to tell mine as I'm under 28 weeksm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now