Talk

Advanced search

terrified of 12 week scan tomorrow after 2 mmc's - positive vibes needed !

(19 Posts)
user1473610122 Sun 11-Sep-16 17:29:34

hi there,
I'm 12+1 with my fourth pregnancy and I have my dating scan tmw. I have a 4 year old girl as a result of my 1st very straightforward and problem free pregnancy!
I had a mmc at 12weeks after seeing a heartbeat at 8, the heartbeat had stopped at 11 weeks - we were totally shocked and devasted - I then fell pregnant again this February, only to experience another mmc, this time twins, at my 8 week scan - one had stopped developing at 6 weeks, the other at 7. I've had d&cs both times now - the 1st one with the pregnancy that was further ahead was horrible - I had to be put to sleep. So terrified of going through that again this time !
So, with my current pregnancy and to date - I've had a 6, 8 and 10.4 week scans, all completely fine with a heartbeat seen at each one. Altho this gives me hope and im trying my absolute hardest to stay positive - I'm convinced tmw will be another mmc and I'm terrified . I've had no bleeding / cramping. I've started to feel what I think are stretching pains / round ligament pains (I'm obviously para about The pains everytime I get them though!) and I do feel like I've had all the pregnancy symptoms this time - I've not physically been sick but definitely feel sick a lot, feel v tired, on and off constipation, the metallic taste, a stint of what I believe was pregnancy rhinitis as well as some hormone headaches around 9weeks, and I've gone off foods / feel sick after eating and never know what I fancy, then when I eat - I don't enjoy it !! I'm generally wiped out by 7pm also !!
I guess I just want some success stories or something . Reassurance that I've got this far - surely it would be just horrible luck to find out tmw that nothing is happening !!! my doc tested what he removed with the twin pregnancy and it was chromosomal so nothing to do with me and with the 1st mmc he's convinced we just had bad luck .
I'm 35 and from then all the statistics tend to go up a few percent so that also makes me freak out !! I just can't relax and am dreading tmw, it's taking over my mind and it can't be healthy to feel this worried - pls help xxxxxxxx

Barefootcontessa84 Sun 11-Sep-16 18:33:40

I'm sure you will be absolutely fine flowers. I've got mine coming up this Thursday, and although I've had about three scans already after several big bleeds (subchorionic haematoma), every time I go, I'm scared the baby is gone. Last scan was at 11+3 which was fine, but it's still worrying. I'm sure all will be well and you'll see your lovely baby wriggling happily!

Havingkittens04 Sun 11-Sep-16 18:46:10

This was me a few weeks ago, then earlier this week - 5% excited about the scan and 95% absolutely terrified confused

We have a DD who's 3.5 and fab, no complications in the pregnancy, just lots of sickness throughout.

We lost a baby boy last October at 17 weeks, due to a cystic hygroma, (nothing chromosonal or genetic could be found) so we had 2 early scans in this pregnancy at 6 and 9 weeks under consultant care, just to check on the fluid. All looked good although baby was measuring a week behind according to our dates (cue worries!) then at 12 week scan measuring almost a week further ahead than we'd calculated (more worry!) But we've just had our 20 week scan and all looks good grin the sonographer actually told me to calm down as she could hear my pulse through my abdomen! blush she said, obviously it's not a guarantee, but everything looks good at this stage, so I was ordered to please try to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy and... its a boy smile

I hope you have great news too. Your symptoms are exactly what I've been experiencing so I'm crossing everything for you x

Havingkittens04 Sun 11-Sep-16 18:46:54

Oh, and I'm 36 wink x

user1473610122 Sun 11-Sep-16 19:11:07

thank you both for writing back to me smile
Isn't it mad what some of us have to go through ?!! I have everything crossed for you both flowers
All of my friends seem to be popping them out left, right and centre and I can't ever see it happening for me anymore ! It'll be more of a shock tmw if it's still happening than not !
Ignorance is definitely bliss - I didn't even know a mmc existed when I had my 1st !
We deserve the best luck this time round - pls can these little beans be the ones !!!

Havingkittens04 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:02:00

It still hasn't sunk yet for me that all seems okay, and I had my scan 2 days ago - that just shows how anxious I was and expecting bad news. It'll be all the more special when we actually get to hold our lo's in our arms, after the journeys we've had wink

Let us know how your scan goes, sending good luck and lots of positivity flowers

Barefootcontessa84 Mon 12-Sep-16 13:32:45

Have you had the scan yet OP?

user1473610122 Mon 12-Sep-16 13:35:58

No, it's at 3.30pm .
I've already broken down in tears from nerves !
I'll let you know how it goes - so scared 😥
xxx

Havingkittens04 Mon 12-Sep-16 13:56:40

It's good to have a release before you go, I sobbed myself to sleep 2 nights before my scan I was so scared. Sending virtual hugs flowersx

PeppasNanna Mon 12-Sep-16 14:01:45

Sending you massive hugs Op.
Please update the thread after your scan.

Will be thinking of you. flowers

Barefootcontessa84 Mon 12-Sep-16 14:20:41

Thinking of you flowers

hootatoot Mon 12-Sep-16 14:23:46

Sending you as many positive vibes as I can. I really hope all is well! flowers

MammaMia1234 Mon 12-Sep-16 16:33:29

Thinking of you. My 12 week scan is this week and starting to get a little bit nervous. Hope all is well for you. Please let us know xxx

user1473610122 Mon 12-Sep-16 17:11:38

Hi everyone,
All is fine 🙏🏻 I'm so relieved - I was crying when I saw the bubba moving !
The sonographer was happy with everything for this stage which is also a relief .
She couldn't get a measurement of the neck for the downs test though - the baby wouldn't budge from its front or side !!
Not quite sure what to do as we do want the test but they can't rebook me as demand is too high ! might have to go private for it . Anyone had experience of this ? xxxxxx

Barefootcontessa84 Mon 12-Sep-16 17:23:43

Hi OP that is fantastic news!! So happy for you. I had the harmony test at the fetal medicine centre two weeks ago - it tests for downs/Williams/pataus (the most common chromosomal abnormalities) and will give you a very accurate result. I would also highly recommend FMC - very professional and thorough. In any event, have the midwives asked you to come back so they can attempt the measurement again?
So glad you've had good news - now my turn to be nervous for 12 wk scan on Thurs, and harmony results on Saturday...!

Havingkittens04 Mon 12-Sep-16 18:04:56

So thrilled for you, OP grin x

LynseyH Tue 13-Sep-16 10:03:58

You should come and join us:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2716393-Staying-posifrickentive-Thread-11-for-ladies-pg-after-mc
We've all been in the same place as you and we keep each other going :-) I'm now 18+4 and nervous about the 20 wk scan which is next week. The support on the thread is fantastic.
Congratulations on your great scan!

MrsMKJ Tue 13-Sep-16 23:10:14

Congratulations! My baby was also refusing to play along for the 12 week scan measurements. We did go and have a private scan and it was the best thing we did. It cost £180 (southern England) but can honestly and truthfully say it was worth every single penny. Good luck with your pregnancy!

MrsMKJ Tue 13-Sep-16 23:11:41

Sorry just to add that there is a specific time frame when the measurements and tests can be done at this stage- I'm sure it's up to 13weeks and 1-2 days? Just thought I should mention it in case you didn't know. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now