Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Perineum massage too painful!

(6 Posts)
Babney Sat 10-Sep-16 15:53:10

Third time dh tried this & I don't think we can continue as it actually felt like a stabbing pain when he removed his thumbs this time.

It hurt first couple of time also, a burny red raw feeling.

He used almond oil as suggested by midwife. I actually cried in pain at the end, he felt so bad. Maybe I'm extra sensitive but has anyone else had the same problem?

Also due to PGP there's no way I can do it myself.

milkjetmum Sat 10-Sep-16 15:55:35

It's not compulsory, I wouldn't bother doing something so uncomfortable! Just enjoy your pregnancy.

dementedpixie Sat 10-Sep-16 15:58:35

Never tried it tbh and have given birth twice

timeforabrewnow Sat 10-Sep-16 16:01:42

My suggestions is - don't do it.

If you want an easy labour, top tip is to eat plenty of dates, and raspberry tea leaf capsules. Did this with baby 3 at age of 41, and had a quick labour ( for me) of around 3 hours, and was 8 cm dilated on arrival to hospital. 3 pushes and big baby 9lbs 12 ounces out with no tears or stitches.

Unlike other 2 labours.

PatMullins Sat 10-Sep-16 16:03:11

Don't bother with it. It's unlikely to help and not worth being uncomfortable for!

dementedpixie Sat 10-Sep-16 16:09:22

It's not supposed to hurt so maybe be more gentle and use less pressure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now