Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you feel the baby moving?

(15 Posts)
LivGood Sat 10-Sep-16 09:16:20

I am 20 weeks pregnant and have a tiny bump. Flattish in the morning but much bigger by the end of the day.
I haven't felt any kicks yet or anything I would say is definitely movement like flutters sad
I have felt a sort of hardness in my stomach for the last few days but nothing I could say that is definitely the baby. I don't know how I could be this far along and not feel anything. I read other stories especially first time mums like me who talk about feeling flips, punches and hiccups!

When did you start feeling anything?

OnlyEatsToast Sat 10-Sep-16 09:17:50

I was 17weeks (first baby). After a particularly good bacon sandwich grin

Cric Sat 10-Sep-16 09:18:30

It was about 21 weeks with my first and earlier with my second! Even with my second I didn't feel regular movements until about 4 or 5 weeks ago (now 29 weeks). I think it depends where your placenta is... I think they said mine was at the front.

Meowlster Sat 10-Sep-16 09:19:28

First time about 21 weeks, and anterior placenta. Second time when I was thinner (and I was probably slightly overweight the first time, but not by much) no anterior placenta, and I knew what I was looking for... 22-23 weeks! I was panicking as I was of after a mmc the second time, but really no need to worry.

AudreyBradshaw Sat 10-Sep-16 10:49:14

Officially felt a kick. 24 weeks. Saw kicks 25 weeks. Now 29+3 and can definitely feel when baby is awake/asleep. Alien type belly pokes etc. Im 5,3, I (was) a size 8/10. I've put on about a stone and a half and I have an anterior placenta. (For context). At 20 weeks I'd wake up slim, couldn't really tell I was pregnant. Now, I'm a monster. Dh sings "belly's gonna get ya"at me. grin

Seekingmiracles Sat 10-Sep-16 18:10:25

I was 18 weeks when I first started to feel something.... Like weird little popping sensations. At my 20 week scan I was amazed at how much the baby was moving, yet how little I could feel.
The movements definitely developed over the following few weeks and I guess started to feel like proper pokes by about 26 weeks. Now at 34 weeks there is no denying the jabs and kicks. Still not entirely what I imagined it to feel like though.

Wonderflonium Sun 11-Sep-16 10:05:54

This is my first:-
At about 16 weeks, I felt something like popcorn in my tummy but I wasn't 100% sure if it was wind or something. That continued for some time and I really wasn't sure what fluttering was the baby and what was just gas.

At 21 weeks I could feel the kick from the other side of my belly if I had my hand there. So that's when I was sure!

Elland Sun 11-Sep-16 10:48:01

I didn't feel anything until bang on 20 weeks and got little pokes low down to the side which were little kicks! He hasn't stopped from that day!

LivGood Sun 11-Sep-16 15:16:04

Thank you for sharing. So strange that yesterday a little while after starting the thread is felt the baby moving then got 2 kicks.
Today the same thing and it kicked about 10 times and my dp could feel from outside. Strange it has gone from nothing at all to kicks from the outside!

Elland Sun 11-Sep-16 18:22:06

Livgood same thing too, DP felt them as soon as I did!

Havingkittens04 Sun 11-Sep-16 19:02:45

19 weeks with DD who's coming up to 3.5, proper kicks.

11 weeks (!) serious swishing having lost 2.5 stone due to hyperemesis with my baby boy, who I lost last year at 17 weeks.

This pregnancy I felt some very minor swishing and little thumps at around 17 weeks, which could have been mistaken for air bubbles blush but only this week am I actually feeling kicks. I was worried as you feel movement earlier in subsequent pregnancies, as a rule, then I went to my 20 week scan on Friday and the sonographer said she was surprised I was feeling anything at all as my placenta is right at the front, cushioning any movement.

I'm stressing less now after being made aware of my anterior placenta, but lo and behold today lo has started properly kicking wink x

riddles26 Mon 12-Sep-16 15:21:18

I never felt the butterflies/flutters/bubbles everyone else described. Felt a bit like my stomach rumbling from 22/23 weeks onwards and has slowly become a little bit stronger. I have an anterior placenta and am now at 34 weeks and still don't feel strong kicks or have any movement pattern - midwives have told me it is normal though and I've been connected to a monitor twice to be sure of this.

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 12-Sep-16 15:25:50

About 23 weeks with my first, 17/18 weeks with my second.
Now I think about it, I was probably feeling my first move sooner than 23 weeks, I was just mistaking her movements for stuck farts blush

Tinklypoo Mon 12-Sep-16 15:29:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Christmasbaby16 Mon 12-Sep-16 15:35:16

Around 19weeks for me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now