Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

MMC questions. Please help

(7 Posts)
Josie01 Thu 08-Sep-16 17:48:49

Hello

I'm new here, been lurking for a while.

I had a positive test in late aug, and my dates (all approx, I wasn't actively ttc) made me to be about 7/8 weeks.

I've had a bit of a bleed, really small, just when I wiped yesterday and called the BEP clinic today.

Anyway, she found a pregnancy. But a 5 week one. She thinks it may have stopped growing. I'm booked for another scan next week.

She told me that if I hadn't have thought I was around 8/9 weeks, she wouldn't have thought anything of it as everything looks fine
Has anybody had this? If you have had an mmc, has the rest of your womb look like you're pregnant? Does that even make sense?

I've had further spotting this afternoon.

Is it all over? sad

Whatsername17 Thu 08-Sep-16 21:22:03

Ice had a mmc. I should have been 11 weeks but my baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. I had no signs at all that anything was wrong. My body carried on as though all was fine. Once I knew my baby had died, my body started to catch up. If you only had a positive pregnancy test in late August then there is a very good chance you ovulated late in your cycle and you are 5 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately the only my thing you can follow is wait and see. Worst advice ever I know. Good luck x

Josie01 Thu 08-Sep-16 23:14:49

Thanks for your reply

I'm hoping for the best yet expecting the worst. I've had more bleeding tonight.

I really thought it would be OK. This has floored me. Heartbroken.

smellsofelderberries Fri 09-Sep-16 02:24:12

I had a very similar situation at Christmas and it ended up with a MMC diagnosis, I'm afraid. I bled/spotted for several weeks and the embryo never developed past 5mm.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's a rubbish thing to have happen flowers

Josie01 Fri 09-Sep-16 04:44:54

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry that it happened to you also. It's heartbreaking.

I feel I got carried away with myself, and it was bound to happen after a really crap time of it this year. They say things happens in threes, it certainly has in my case.

Clairejessica123 Fri 09-Sep-16 07:30:15

I was a little bit further along when I found my mmc. I went for my 12 weeks scan but only a sac could be seen so they believed the baby stopped growing by about 5 weeks but my body hadn't realised. If the worse happens then the miscarriage boards on here were very helpful so I would recommend heading there. 💐

PGPsabitch Fri 09-Sep-16 17:08:13

I had a mmc with my first pregnancy, my pregnancy symptoms didn't disappear until after I had an operation. The only sign I had that something was wrong was I started to spot. However I am pregnant again now and also had spotting with this pregnancy so that may not have been the sign I thought it was.

I am so sorry if the worst has happened. I will be hoping for you though. Miscarriage is awful, and heart breaking. Take care of yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now