Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sex in early pregnancy - can't be arsed

(9 Posts)
auberginefrog Wed 07-Sep-16 21:37:32

That's it really. I'm 12 weeks on second pregnancy and between work/toddler and morning sickness I'm absolutely knackered. I'd rather sleep. Think my husband is feeling rejected as its been a few weeks. Nausea is worst in the evenings and even a stray hair in my mouth makes me retch so kissing doesn't do anything for me. Anyone else in the same boat? Most threads like these seem to suggest giving other half a handjob or similar and frankly if I'm feeling crappy that's not going to happen so not looking for any such suggestions thanks - more just a moan and misery loves company sort of thread....

Dlah Wed 07-Sep-16 22:37:16

Was totally the same! Suffered bad sickness, thankfully my other half was happy just chilling on sofa having a cuddle, which made both of us still feel close/wanted without anything else, thankfully it improved and got back to normal, but now I'm 33 weeks he's not wanting sex until after baby here, so it's been about 4 weeks of nothing now anyway - I'm making the most of not shaving gringrinwink lol

Laura05 Wed 07-Sep-16 23:42:33

I've totally gone off sex although I do dream about it I'm 13weeks and think we've only had sex twice since I got a bfp. I'm just constantly shattered between work and running about after 2dc.
DH has suggested a handjob/oral but I'm just not interested and if I'm not getting anything then neither should he haha!
He's actually fine with it as I was the same with pg1 and 2. Some women during pregnancy are constantly horny and at it like rabbits blush unfortunately for my dh I'm not one of those women give me an early night and lots of sleep anytime!

Slave2thecat Thu 08-Sep-16 07:27:04

Yup, totally that same. 39 weeks here - had sex 3 times since the bfp. Poor DH. He's got used to it now.

auberginefrog Thu 08-Sep-16 22:54:44

Oh thanks for replying - I'm feeling better about it now but last night I was typing my message in my daughters room to avoid the dreaded "how about it?" Conversation. I think poor DH is resigned to it now though....

Melmam Thu 08-Sep-16 23:38:29

I'm totally the same I'm 13 weeks and for the past few weeks I've had horrible morning sickness all day long a well as running round after our 9 month old son I just want sleep sleep and more sleep by the time it hits evening lol I think dh has got used to it now as I was the same with my last pregnancy but I made up for it when I hit my third trimester blush

thecatsarecrazy Fri 09-Sep-16 06:12:30

19 weeks here, done it once and attempted it one other time. Like a pp said I've been dreaming about it too but not in the mood. Its funny because with me I'm only ever in the mood really when its my fertile time so its like my body is saying nope its done its job.

abbinobb Fri 09-Sep-16 06:14:44

Yeah same here. I feel horrible but dps breath/body heat/ being too close to me makes me feel sick. No specifically do he doesn't smell or anything l, but I get all irritated if people even stand too close to me at the moment because I can smell them.

BreatheDeep Fri 09-Sep-16 07:10:32

I'm 28 weeks and we've had sex a handful of times since I we conceived. Husband doesn't mind. I mean he probably does miss it (I hope!) but he understands. He told me a couple of months ago to let him know if I'm in the mood otherwise he'll just assume I'm not and leave it be! We haven't had sex for about a month now.
We didn't have sex in first trimester at all either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now