Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sickness

(8 Posts)
Allaboutthecake13 Wed 07-Sep-16 21:03:18

Hi all,

I'm 8+6 and have had lots of nausea and a bit of sickness but in the last couple of days it feels like it's really ramped up. Smells which previously turned my stomach a couple of weeks ago are now leading me to vomit, and today I've been sick after every meal (when I say meal, I mean a plain tortilla wrap or bagel as that's all I could handle) and after every sip of water I feel like I could throw up. Currently camped out on a stool in the bathroom feeling very sorry for myself! I know this too shall pass but any tips for trying to keep it at bay would be gratefully appreciated, I've tried ginger sweets and biscuits but sadly they've done nothing for me!

UnicornPee Thu 08-Sep-16 06:34:44

I feel for you it's bloody horrible.
I'm on my 3rd pregnancy now and the only thing that works for me is to eat little and often. If the nausea came if eat something small.

UsuallyJustLurk Thu 08-Sep-16 07:00:24

No advice, sorry. But I'm 6+4 and have felt the nausea ramping up every day this week. I felt like I would actually vomit for the first time yesterday, but sitting still made it pass, eventually.

A biscuit every now and then helps a bit, but doesn't take the feeling away. After reading your post I'm mentally preparing myself for it to get worse. This is my second and I don't remember feeling this bad with my DD.

You have my full sympathy flowers

BikeRunSki Thu 08-Sep-16 07:31:28

Loads of useful and sympathetic advice here.

Allaboutthecake13 Thu 08-Sep-16 18:14:00

Thanks all for your replies and sympathy. I ended up being admitted to hospital after posting with dehydration but the good news is I am now home and dosed up on anti sickness meds and feeling heaps better!

CocoLoco87 Thu 08-Sep-16 18:28:54

Had HG with DS1 admitted to hosp for days at a time 3 times. Have it again with DS2 and been in hosp more. Totally sympathise! Still taking anti sickness meds at 34wks. Keep going!

gingerbreadmanm Thu 08-Sep-16 18:30:36

lucozade helped me massively. eating little and often and sticking to white carby foodsm

BikeRunSki Thu 08-Sep-16 18:58:00

You're home quickly!!! I was in and out of hospital with HGin both pg, my longest stint was 16 days!

I hope you continue to feel better. HG was probably the grimmest time of my life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now